News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Mario Kart Wii or Okami?

Started by White Wolfos, June 01, 2008, 12:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wolfos

I'm in doubt about buying Mario Kart Wii or Okami. Any suggestions on which one I should buy? Thanks!

KefkaticFanatic

Okami would be 2000000x a better choice.

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

Despite getting generally lower reviews?
Whatever. Having played neither, I won't offer a real opinion.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

KefkaticFanatic

Mario Kart only got good reviews because it was a first party uberhyped title.  It pales in comparison to a masterpiece like Okami.

me irl
[close]

starpikachu

why does Gamer have issues with Nintendo games? ...>_>

KefkaticFanatic

Because Okami is better?  Mario Kart is just another overrated game.  I know this is hard for all the fanboys/girls to understand, but Nintendo doesn't make amazing games all the time.

me irl
[close]

starpikachu

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 03, 2008, 04:11:56 PMBecause Okami is better?  Mario Kart is just another overrated game.  I know this is hard for all the fanboys/girls to understand, but Nintendo doesn't make amazing games all the time.
I know that. I'm not obsessed with Nintendo. :P It's just that Xbox 360/PS3 doesn't have very many kids' games. I like kids' games. I'm a little kid at heart. ^_^ Also, in the past few years, I've only bought consoles from Nintendo, so maybe I'm missing out...but I have played Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

KefkaticFanatic

Yes, but there aren't very many good kids games on the Wii anyways :|

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

Maybe you're confused here...I think White Wolfos wants a good Wii game. from what I've heard and read, Okami is good on the PS2, not so much on the Wii.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

KefkaticFanatic

I question the legitimacy of your sources.  Please list them.

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

I agree with Silence of Darkness.  I've played both the Wii version and the PS2 version of Okami, and the PS2 version is superior.  Mario Kart Wii is in no way overrated.  It has awesome online, and great controls.  It is without a doubt the best Mario Kart yet.  They are both great games.  If you have a PS2 though, then get Mario Kart.  If not, then get Okami first, and Mario Kart later.  They are both games that should be in your collection.

KefkaticFanatic

The one and only complaint I've ever heard is that the brush doesn't respond too well, but thats pretty small compared to the minor, but usually present lag on Mario Kart, a ridiculous amount of exploitable bugs, and too many racers on one track.  I'd rather go and play Mario Kart 64.

me irl
[close]

sonic130

To be honest, I haven't really tried Okami, but I have seen some gameplay on is, and it looks pretty good... for a 1 player game. But I own mario kart wii, and I love it. There is no lag when playing online, and there are 12 people playing on a track at once (this makes it really fun). It depends what you like more... a fighting game, or a racing game. But in my opinion, I'd go with mario kart wii.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

I believe you mean an action-adventure game or a racing game.

fluidlife

Well okami seems like a zelda game. (The idea is kinda similar) I heard Mario kart wii has too many strong items.
Noob right here, any easy songs tell me, plz and thx.