News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros Wii - Title Theme

Started by videogaminglegodude, June 01, 2015, 11:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogaminglegodude

I kinda' would like someone to help me on this one.  I have a small bit, which is i the attachment at bottom.

[attachment deleted by admin]
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

JDMEK5

I'll help. Give me some time to see what I can do with it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 01, 2015, 06:02:56 PMI'll help. Give me some time to see what I can do with it.

Thanks.  I have some other other bits, but they are not on finaly.

Spoiler
How do Mario and his chums keep running, when they are on a flat surface?!?!?   wouldn't they eventually fall of the world? :) :D ;D
[close]

JDMEK5

Here's what I got after about 5 mins.

See if you can get the notes for the second section and maybe the harmony line too if possible. I'll keep truckin' away at the main motive here for now.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 01, 2015, 06:33:19 PMHere's what I got after about 5 mins.

See if you can get the notes for the second section and maybe the harmony line too if possible. I'll keep truckin' away at the main motive here for now.

Here is what I got in 5 minutes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LuigiKart

Here's what I got after five minutes (well, an hour really).  I take no credit at all for the arrangement per se, but did make a few changes.  I merely put it in Notepad format.
█       █      █ ▀█▀ █▀▀▀▀ ▀█▀
█       █      █   █   █           █
█       █      █   █   █    ▀█   █
█▄▄▄ █▄▄▄█ ▄█▄ █▄▄▄█ ▄█▄

█    █   ▄█▄   █▀▀▄▀▀█▀▀
█▄▀   █▀  ▀█ █▄▄▀    █     ▐▀▄
█   █  █▀▀▀█ █  ▀▄    █     ▐
█    █ █      █ █    █    █  ▐█▌■

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: LuigiKart on June 04, 2015, 08:27:59 AMHere's what I got after five minutes (well, an hour really).  I take no credit at all for the arrangement per se, but did make a few changes.  I merely put in Notepad format.

What do you mean, arranged by, in the thing?  If you are getting this out of a book or off the internet, then it is not valid.

JDMEK5

He took it directly from the New Super Mario Bros. Wii Official Piano book.

That's plagiarism and has no place here. I admit I own this book but when I arrange, I never do songs I've already learned from said book, and the book itself stays in a locked chest under my bed.

I'm not trying to be harsh to you, LuigiKart, please understand that, but I'm definitely trying to be harsh to the posting of copyrighted material. Your specific post (with modifications even) has no place on NSM in the forums or god-forbid the main site.

My Arrangements

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 04, 2015, 01:28:52 PMHe took it directly from the New Super Mario Bros. Wii Official Piano book.

That's plagiarism and has no place here. I admit I own this book but when I arrange, I never do songs I've already learned from said book, and the book itself stays in a locked chest under my bed.

I'm not trying to be harsh to you, LuigiKart, please understand that, but I'm definitely trying to be harsh to the posting of copyrighted material. Your specific post (with modifications even) has no place on NSM in the forums or god-forbid the main site.
*sigh*
I was about to say good job, Luigikart :/

videogaminglegodude

Well, this is an arrangement topic, not a conference room! >:(  What happened to the arranging part of this? ???

LuigiKart

I said that I take no credit for the arrangement and in the thing itself, I say that it is arranged by Shinobu Amayake, and that all I did was put in Finale.  I meant to say as well that this was more or less for reference, but forgot.  My intent was not to plagiarize Shinobu Amayake's arrangement, but it looks like that there was some misunderstanding when I said
QuoteHere's what I got after five minutes (well, an hour really).
I apologize for posting copyrighted material and I promise that this will not be repeated.

I also removed the file.
█       █      █ ▀█▀ █▀▀▀▀ ▀█▀
█       █      █   █   █           █
█       █      █   █   █    ▀█   █
█▄▄▄ █▄▄▄█ ▄█▄ █▄▄▄█ ▄█▄

█    █   ▄█▄   █▀▀▄▀▀█▀▀
█▄▀   █▀  ▀█ █▄▄▀    █     ▐▀▄
█   █  █▀▀▀█ █  ▀▄    █     ▐
█    █ █      █ █    █    █  ▐█▌■

Brawler4Ever

LuigiKart was pretty clear that he wasn't taking credit for the actual arrangement. I didn't see the actual sheets, so I don't know what was on there, but from Luigi's previous post, it seems that he didn't give himself credit.

On the plus side, it does answer VGLD's request; an arrangement for the song was provided. The main problem that I see (and the main source of controversy, imo) is that he was releasing official piano sheets without consent of the publisher. That's like buying a video game and releasing the source code for everybody to copy and clone without any benefit to the creator. While it may be relatively easy to find piano sheets on the internet for this kind of thing, converting to a finale file and posting the sheets on the site or forum is, as JDMEK5 said, unacceptable.

The link has been removed, so no permanent damage done. Also, welcome to the forums Luigi. Sorry that it had to be under such difficult circumstances. :P

Like VGLD suggested, it would be best that we get back to discussing the arrangement. :)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

JDMEK5

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 04, 2015, 02:44:27 PM*sigh*
I was about to say good job, Luigikart :/
Quote from: videogaminglegodude on June 04, 2015, 02:47:08 PMWell, this is an arrangement topic, not a conference room! >:(  What happened to the arranging part of this? ???
I tried to say that I wasn't trying to be harsh but it seems that's how I came off anyways. Sorry guys. I'm just glad that it's resolved and we can go back to the more important things.

Quote from: LuigiKart on June 04, 2015, 05:01:36 PMI said that I take no credit for the arrangement and in the thing itself, I say that it is arranged by Shinobu Amayake, and that all I did was put in Finale.  I meant to say as well that this was more or less for reference, but forgot.  My intent was not to plagiarize Shinobu Amayake's arrangement, but it looks like that there was some misunderstanding when I said   I apologize for posting copyrighted material and I promise that this will not be repeated.

I also removed the file.
I left the word 'plagiarism' in my post by accident. I'm aware that you took no credit and the actual thing I was trying to address was (as was made clear) the copyright stuff. But thanks for setting that right and I really want to extend my apologies for coming off so tough. Believe me when I say I'm not usually that guy. Lately NSM has been a little bit chaotic and I'm a bit on my toes but it's all done now. So I'm really sorry about all that, Luigi, and sincerely from me, welcome to NSM. :)

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 04, 2015, 10:08:43 PMLuigiKart was pretty clear that he wasn't taking credit for the actual arrangement. I didn't see the actual sheets, so I don't know what was on there, but from Luigi's previous post, it seems that he didn't give himself credit.
As I mentioned above, it was my mistake and I was aware all along.

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 04, 2015, 10:08:43 PMThe link has been removed, so no permanent damage done.
Exactly. No outstanding issues whatsoever so let's move on.

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 04, 2015, 10:08:43 PMLike VGLD suggested, it would be best that we get back to discussing the arrangement. :)
Agreed and though I don't think I need to say it, I'm going to anyways that any arranging of this song that continues must be done completely independently of the official version. You all knew that already but I'm just going to say it once more just in case.

My Arrangements

XiaoMigros

FWIW I arranged this, you can find the sheets on my piano arrangements page (linked at the bottom of this message)