News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

I'm Stuck on Rhythms

Started by braix, January 31, 2015, 09:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

I started arranging this song but I can't figure out how to fix the rhythms in measures #4, #20, #21, #26, and #38 so I just kinda put random notes in there. Also I think I messed up a lot in other places too. Uh any help?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdg3qbe0pm0emo1/Exploration%20Team.mus?dl=0

Also anything else you can help with besides the rhythms would be great. :P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

I'm getting errors opening your file....?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on January 31, 2015, 09:58:23 AMI'm getting errors opening your file....?

I thought it is because of my 2012 songwriter edition :D

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

Quote from: Bespinben on January 31, 2015, 09:58:23 AMI'm getting errors opening your file....?
as far as I can tell he has finale 2014 so there might be a problem with how he's exporting it
unmotivated

InsigTurtle

I think your problem here is that you're writing it in 4/4 time and not in 12/8. If you listen through counting in 3's, it should clear things up.

braix

I still can't figure out how to export it sorry >->
And thanks Insig
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

InsigTurtle

The export thing should be at File -> Export -> Finale 2012

Most things should come out fine, but I've had some things get messed up while exporting.

mikey

Zoro I think you mean "HOOKED ON RHYTHMS"
unmotivated

braix

I fixed the link(i.e. I exported it correctly..I think)
I tried 12/8 and it looks kinda weird. I probably did it wrong. :P
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a658o077inrknts/AAC758hVfrrC3RFAAOdyYNVRa?dl=0
1 is 12/8 and 2 is 4/4

I'm just really really stuck. Can someone just fix it for me?

Xaoz

Quote from: braixen1264 on February 02, 2015, 04:41:01 PMI fixed the link(i.e. I exported it correctly..I think)
I tried 12/8 and it looks kinda weird. I probably did it wrong. :P
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a658o077inrknts/AAC758hVfrrC3RFAAOdyYNVRa?dl=0
1 is 12/8 and 2 is 4/4

I'm just really really stuck. Can someone just fix it for me?

Since we are in Bespinben-territory here, all we need to do is wait until he comes up with some really cool explanation including pictures. Atleast that's what I am hoping! *crossing fingers*

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

Don't worry, this shouldn't be too complicated.

When we say to "put it in 12/8", there's more to that than just changing the time signature. The strange thing though is that changing the time signature from 4/4 to 12/8 doesn't change much at all - in fact, they are nearly identical. This is why:

4/4 is 4 quarter note beats. These beats can be subdivided by a factor of 2 to get smaller rhythms (2 eighths, 4 sixteenths, 8 thirty-seconds, and so forth).

12/8 is also 4 beats! It is not 12 eighth note beats. If you make 3 eighth notes belong in one "group", and make 4 of these "groups", that adds up to 12. So, in effect, each "group" of 3 eighth notes becomes a beat. It's like 4/4 except you're now subdividing by a factor of 3 instead of 2.

So, to make the transition from your old work in 4/4 on PMD2 Sky Title Theme to the 12/8 time signature, all you have to do is multiply all your note values by 1.5x (pro tip: dot every note and write the triplet eighths in straight 8ths). Also remember to adjust your tempo marking to be 100 dotted quarters per minute, since the dotted quarter is the beat now.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

Ohhhh okay I think I've got it now thanks!