Series: Super Mario
Game: Luigi's Mansion
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Outside
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: The Deku Trombonist

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

I think MLF just posted this one in his arrangement thread not too long ago.....  :o ::)

I don't know why, but Finale doesn't have an "auto-straighten" setting for the glissando tool. That said, there are a few not-so-straight lines in your sheet. My work-around to this is, in order to have both a playback functional roll across both staves while having a perfectly straight glissando, I force-hide the red smart-shape glissando, and then assign a non-playback functional arpeggio marking via the articulation tool. You get the best of both worlds.

M. 1-8 & 10 ~ Would you hide those whole rests in the lower staff?
M. 9 ~ Beat 3 and 4; if you write the broken A-E-C-E chord in the lower staff, you can use cross-staff the last 3 notes back to the upper staff again like you did in m. 1-8. I do like the S-curve though, but for consistency's sake, ya know?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

The Deku Trombonist

I can't even remember when I started this, maybe 2010? I went through this with BluesSCD on the VgSheets forums to learn about enharmonic spellings and things  :P fond memories...

They look pretty straight on the PDF, but yeah I'll look into it.

1-8, 10: Sure

9: I feel like that might be more confusing to read.

Bespinben

Ah yes, those days. Good master Pumpyheart, in my case.

Cool! Yeah, I'll can see what you mean about m. 9. Keep it.

Bespinben

You've probably already thought this over many many times already, but I was looking over the dim7's in m. 13-16, I had some thoughts myself:
*As you taught me once upon a time, there are many different ways to spell a dim7 chord, some more efficient than others.
*That said, instead of having Adim7 at the start, if you treat respell Gb to F# and make that the new root, you'd get F#-A-C-Eb, which, if you keep this pattern, eliminates the B double flat when you move the chord a half step (--> G-Bb-Db-Fb). You could even take it one step further and treat D# of Adim7 as the new chord root, allowing you to also eliminate Fb when you move up a half step.
*Whatever you decide to do, I did notice you change the chord root in your current sheet starting at m. 15.... which may or may not be a bad thing, but if you're trying to keep this pattern consistent, I would advise against it.

Brassman388

I really liked measure 17. Also, you made the slurs look purty.

Zeta