News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Baka94

I need someone to fix the tempo marking (100 quarters is what I need) and add proper 8vb markings that have the playback effect instead of just begin a text box. Optionally you can add proper looping markings too (I think D.S. should be the right one). The looping is from end to second measure.

Mus:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2frfpoy2zdf9hh/GFD_-_Dungeon.mus

Midi if you need it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e69ipir5i1sk2c2/Getsu_Fuuma_Den_Dungeon.mid
; My brain activity
MainLoop:
NOP
JMP MainLoop

Zunawe

Link
Make sure to add a starting dynamic and articulations if necessary.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Baka94

Thanks.
BTW, are the red notes you added another feature that the free version of finale doesn't have?
; My brain activity
MainLoop:
NOP
JMP MainLoop

Maelstrom

Quote from: Baka94 on November 04, 2014, 09:13:49 PMThanks.
BTW, are the red notes you added another feature that the free version of finale doesn't have?
Red notes just mean it's in another layer. Notepad can do layers, but I don't think they show up as red.

Zunawe

Forgot to mention that. Notepad does make them colored. In the bottom left corner you'll see four numbers. Clicking them changes the layer you edit. Use layers for different voices in the same staff. In this case it looks much better to add a whole note than to tie eighth notes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Magic Mole

Okay, I've just finished an arrangement on Finale Notepad 2012 and was hoping somebody with better software could do the following:
--Add proper 8va markings where I've marked
--Add a tempo/metronome marking (quarter=104)
--Remove the "Pno." abbreviation at the beginning of every line after the first
--Add a proper repeat at the end so it functions during playback
--Replace my dynamic markings with new ones (I don't think the ones in notepad affect the sound during playback)
I think that's it. Thanks in advance, if you have any problems with the arrangement itself or my placement of the 8va thingies, please let me know so I can fix them. This is the first arrangement I've ever done so all help is greatly appreciated. :)

Flooded Faron Woods.mus

Jompa

Beware that I use Finale 2014, so you won't be able to open the .mus after this. You can open this other file that I created, but then i think you're stuck with that disgusting midi-piano sound.
MUS from Finale 2014
MUS that works with 2012
PDF
MIDI

The dynamic markings should work, it's just that without messing around with the instrument you can only have one dynamic at a time, so having mezzo-forte in the left hand while having mezzo-piano in the right hand will only playback the mezzo-piano. It can be fixed, but it's a pain, and not very necessary.

In some cases where you wanted octavation (mainly when you wanted it in the left hand), I did a clef change instead, which looks better in those cases

More of my edits to make it acceptable:
Right key signature.
I had to mix around with your layering abit, because a lot of the rests looked "misplaced" (my english is bad). This happened because you used the second layer above the first, so in the future, when it comes to those two layers, make sure to always use the first layer above the second.
Birdo for Smash

Magic Mole

Thank you so much for your help!  ;D

I fear that I'm going to have to drop some cash and buy Finale one of these days if I decide to continue arranging like this. Anyway, thanks for your musical advice as well, I'll definitely use it to make my arrangements better!

Since this was my first arrangement, I learn a lot when I get comments from more experienced arrangers, so once again, thanks.  :)

jegilmer

Can someone make this sheet for me?
  • 4/4 time, 12 total measures
  • Tempo marking: Moderato Animato (quarter note) = 90
  • Key should be D Major
  • Repeat bar at the end of bar 12

Sebastian

Sebastian

jegilmer

Ok! I need two more. I'm going to submit some arrangements finally! Haha

First one:
  • 2/4 time, 19 total measures
  • Tempo marking: Start Music (quarter note) = 144
  • Key is F Major
  • Bar 8 has tempo text that says: In-Game Music
  • Repeat at end of bar 19

Second one:
  • 2/4 time, 21 measures
  • Tempo marking: Credit Sound (quarter note) = 102
  • Starts in C major
  • Bar 2 has a 16th note triplet feel
  • Bar 6: Time changes to common time and key changes to A major.
  • Bar 6: tempo changes to 150
  • Also start repeat bar at the beginning of bar 6
  • At the end of bar 21 there is an end repeat

I'm going to attach the PDF for this 2nd sheet since it is pretty complicated...
It also has multiple voices. I'm not sure if Finale Notepad can do that either.

Here is the PDF:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/522xox838gy0l1x/New%20Rally-X%20Music.pdf?dl=0

Sorry to ask for so much!

Sebastian