Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbythekid21

333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Bobbythekid21

Can someone make the following changes to [urlhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1U7eIm_zTQm4za--rE_ROOzfBy3MjWgGx]this[/url] file?

• Change time signature to 2/4 on measure 11 and back to 4/4 on 12
  • move staves 3 and 4 apart a little bit
  • Add a D.C. al fine at the end and put the fine at the end of measure 21
Thanks!
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

What would you say to having the whole sheet in 2/4? I just had a quick listen to the original and I really think that would make much more sense.

Jenna Grace

Quote from: Latios212 on March 09, 2019, 08:32:31 AMI updated the formatting as well as per the NSM guidelines~ (also, some of the stuff I posted on your thread remains to be adjusted)

Hi, i thought I replied already, but it doesn't look like it. I accidentally linked the wrong version. Is it okay if I link the right one? I don't mean to make you re-fix it, I'm sorry.

Latios212

Quote from: Jenna Grace on March 16, 2019, 04:14:25 PMHi, i thought I replied already, but it doesn't look like it. I accidentally linked the wrong version. Is it okay if I link the right one? I don't mean to make you re-fix it, I'm sorry.
I already made a bunch of major formatting changes, so would it be possible to update this version I sent instead?

But if you don't remember what's different or I'm just misunderstanding what file's what, yeah sure just re-link it and we'll reformat it :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

xenophanes

Can somebody alter the stretching and spacing in this arrangement?
I need less stretching in the first four measures, and more space between staves in the second page. Basically, I want it to look a lot more like this version in Musescore.

Jenna Grace

Hi, sorry for the long wait. Here's the real, actual version, which I've double checked: actually this time

all I really need is the swing to actually function like, y'know, swing. I'll figure out how to format it according to the guidelines afterwards lol. Thank you!

PokeMaestro

I'm need a blank sheet music paper (for Finale NP 2012) with:
-9/8-time
-Title: "Route 213 (Day)"
-Subtitle: Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Version
-Composed by Hitomi Sato (B, Font size 12)
-Arranged by PokéMaster (I, Font size 12)
-3 sharps (A major)
-42 cycles
-Tempo: eighth note=298
-clef changes: left hand is beginning with bass clef and right hand is beginning with treble clef; clef-change in cycle 9: both hands are in treble clef; clef change in cycle 11: as at the beginning; clef-Change in cycle 12: both hands in treble clef; clef change in cycle 15: as at the beginning; clef change in cycle 33: both hands are in treble clef; clef change in cycle 38: as at the beginning.
-Characters: Segno in cycle 9, "Dal Segno" in cycle 42.
-Copyright: The Pokémon Company / GAME FREAK © 2006
                  https://www.ninsheetmusic.org

Libera

Since I assume you only want to put it into finale for the purposes of submitting it, I should probably let you know that there already is a version of this track that was submitted by Th3Gavst3r for our ongoing DPPt arrangement project here.  Bear in mind that it's listed there as Valor Lakefront (Day) which is the official title for the track in question.  That doesn't mean that you shouldn't make an arrangement for it, but just know that it won't be ending up on site as we already have a version that is in the process of going up.

If you still would like a version of your arrangement in the site style, for whatever reason, I can make the sheet as you requested but it seems like a lot of effort you'll be going to for not much gain.

PokeMaestro

Indeed, I wanted to publish it (also) here. My question would be: May I, because it is a different arrangement, publish it again on this website? Although I want the provision in both cases, I would not submissing the arrangement here if I was not eligible.

octolad

Could someone help me out with this? I'm apologizing for anything wrong in advance with this post and/or flaws in the sheet music I've linked since I'm new here.

Below is a link to what I arranged with MuseScore, and I followed the formatting guidelines to the best of my abilities.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7piwuaqbz51g3h/_Steep_Hill_%28Aircheck%29_.pdf?dl=0

I transferred the .mid file from MuseScore to a .mus (link below) and a lot of things got screwed up.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8mikyx1lqo6wkv/Steep_Hill.mus?dl=0

Also I have no idea how Finale Notepad works so I can't really format it properly either. Could someone fix and reformat the .mus file?

Thanks in advance!

Zeila

It would be much better if you exported the MuseScore file as an XML file and just imported that in Finale instead of a midi. It's way cleaner and easier that way. Also, to keep everything uniform you would use a pdf editor (or something like that) to export the finale file as a pdf instead of getting the pdf from the Musescore file. You can use this helpful guide that Trasdegi made if you care about any specific formatting stuff like measure distributions, or you could just download one of the template files and copy from your imported XML file to the template one.

As for the sheet itself, one thing I immediately noticed was that the beaming is harder to read and is just jumbled together in some spots. In general you should beam sixteenth or 32nd+ notes across one beat and show what comes on any strong beat. You can refer to this for more details, although I think beaming across barlines can be an exception at times. For time signatures like 5/4 or 7/8, the same concept still applies so you would generally beam and tie everything in a way that suggests how the pulse goes (e.g. 2+3, 3+2, 2+2+3, etc.). Something like measure 3 in your sheet would look like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Also it might be better to just have everything in 2/4, and if possible you should show the sextuplet in measure 20 as 1 group of 6 instead of 2 groups of 3 but if you can't then someone else can edit it for you

octolad

I'm pretty sure I've covered all of the mistakes I made and I was able to successfully transfer the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8mikyx1lqo6wkv/Steep_Hill.mus?dl=0

However, I used Trasdegi's program and it didn't work, so the only things missing from the sheet are the page numbers, second page titles, and measure numbers, but I'm not sure if those are required. I also don't know how to add the footer for the sheet which is shown below:

Nintendo © 2002

One more thing: I'm not sure how I can combine the ">" accent mark and the staccato dot in Finale like I did in MuseScore in measure 11. Could someone help me with these last few edits?

Thank you so much for all the tips!

Latios212

Yep, all that stuff is required, plus a couple of other things needed to be addressed like the staff name font. I pasted it into a template, first pass here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/12ibiccsrb7h5lj/Steep%20Hill%20%28Aircheck%29.mus?dl=1

This will need some more polishing up, but there's the formatting for ya.

Quote from: octolad on October 05, 2019, 04:03:30 PMOne more thing: I'm not sure how I can combine the ">" accent mark and the staccato dot in Finale like I did in MuseScore in measure 11. Could someone help me with these last few edits?
There's an articulation for that. I think it should be selectable in Notepad but let me know if that's not the case
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle