News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

DBJack's Arrangements (9/10) {11 New Songs!}

Started by DBJack, June 03, 2008, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBJack

I'm going to take that as a compliment. My arrangements are so good they are comparable to movie soundtracks  ;D

But really, is it fine, or are there some needed changes? And how's 'Into the Turf?' I'm currently working a new song, but I'm about the same % complete as Heliport. Heliport is abondoned until I find some time to really work it.

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

Beethoven II

Mortal combat is good. Into the turf, in measure 16, take of the top note of those chords. Also we aren't alowed to have the sound of the sheet as a different instrument i thinks.

Lildigipoke2

Oliver Adams is the composer of MK...i saw that you didn't have a composer...it's Oliver Adams

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

DBJack

Fixed MK's arranger. Thanks Lildigipoke, I couldn't find it.

I also took off the bottom notes on Turf to make it more playable, as you suggested Beethoven (Bottom and not top because in the real song the notes are high). I tried the sound as piano, but on bright the bass part drowns out the melody, and on acoustic, at 200 the notes seem to stop being clean. And some submissions to the site do have insturments besides pianos. (Original Metroid, Brinstar has clarinets, for example) I'll change it if an admin asks me to, or you can find the written rule, but for this song at least, it sounds better in harpsichord. Here's a .mid file with piano in comparison to the harpsichord .mus on the first post.

Nintendude73

MK Theme accepted.  Thanks for including copyright and mostly formatting correctly.  I added some 8ba to the song as well.

DBJack

2 Songs have not been listened to yet!

Heliport and Evil Acorn, in the opening post. I'd appreciate comments on Heliport which I did last week (and no one noticed  :'(), and I'll probably need a fair bit of advice tooling around with Acorn.

I just put up Honker's theme, and the new retooled Main Theme for Double Dragon. I fixed the chordage and the bass part and it sounds like a different song.

DBJack

:'(

10 new songs and no comments.

See the new Metroid song, Pause Theme!

11. Ghostbusters is close to the game. Forget what you know about the real song, the game is different.

Nakah

Sounds like you copied from a midi in you Into the Turf song.

DBJack

Copied? Is the problem the actual sound of the instrument? The instrument is a harpsichord, rather than a piano, because the parts seem to meld with the piano setting set.

If you want, here are three versions of it:

Harpsichord: NES-Double Dragon II-Into the Turf (By DBJack) {MUS}

Grand Acoustic Piano: NES-Double Dragon II-Into the Turf (By DBJack) {MUS}

Bright Piano: NES-Double Dragon II-Into the Turf (By DBJack) {MUS}

If using different instruments is a problem, then I'll make sure all of my submissions are in piano format. The Grand Acoustic is the best sounding piano sound for Turf.

If there are any other problems, or if I misunderstood what the problem was in the first place, please let me know!  ;)

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: DBJack on September 19, 2008, 11:03:56 PMIf there are any other problems, or if I misunderstood what the problem was in the first place, please let me know!  ;)
The sound's not the problem. Was the song copied from a midi? Or was it done by ear?

Personally, it sounds nothing like a midi to me...but Nakah's better than me at that sort of thing.  :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

DBJack

Oh, I understand. I do all of my songs by ear. I don't have a midi paino or converter or anything. This song I did by turning on the game, getting in a spot where there were no enemies, and then I left it running while I worked on my computer.