Undertale - "Battle Against a True Hero"
Undertale - "Metal Crusher"

DonValentino

Hi and welcome!

It's pretty good for a first arrangement. Try doing some more if you want :J

Oh and I love music boxes, great work!

JesterMusician

Thanks DonValentino!

The nice people at /r/piano gave me some tips on improving the notation (and to a lesser extent, the arrangement). I've updated the files to a newer version.

DonValentino

JesterMusician

I decided to try out SSBM's Multi-Man Melee 2, as requested by MrKyurem. I don't know if it's any good (and at this tempo, if it's even possible), but it's certainly a good jumping off point. Cheers!

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Multi-Man Melee 2
[MID][MUS][PDF]

(Measure 54 doesn't render properly in Finale for me, but the PDF is okay.)

EDIT: I removed a note from the bass in 12 and 16, added a chord to 27, made some embellishments to 34-39 and brought the right hand up an octave, added a glissando to 56, and a tremolo to 59.

JDMEK5

Not at all a bad arrangement. Good work! At first glance I would suggest that there's still quite a bit more you could do with this sheet like maybe some fermatas for a few pauses or fuller chords in the right hand. But the feel for the most part was captured which is a big thing for me. I'm sure I could spot other things if I had more time but I don't now so maybe I'll pop by later and give a more specific critique. But yeah, good job!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JesterMusician

Thanks JDMEK5! I made some changes after some critique from my piano-playing colleagues, some guidelines from the music typesetting reference book Behind Bars by Elaine Gould, as well as just some careful listening.

• I deleted some rests in 8-9 and 52-53, and made it easier to read and play. (The player would probably just use the pedal anyway, but without one, RH now only stretches to a 9th)
  • 16 is now up the octave, and I fixed some wrong notes in 18.
  • I put 6ths and 3rds in 16-19. A really skilled player might be able to play the passage at tempo, but most would probably opt to just play the top line.
  • 33's glissando is notated better
  • 46 and 48 have fuller chords, as in the recording (and your suggestion)
  • The cluster chord in 54 is now written with rectangles instead of the notation I had before.
  • 59 now has a crescendoing tremolo.
  • I fixed the URL.

I don't know about adding fermatas to the score; there doesn't appear to be any in the song (except maybe at 33, but that notation would be a bit confusing)

I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out, especially considering I'm not an experienced pianist and this is my second piano arrangement ever. If there's no other criticism, I'm going to bring this to the submission page!

JesterMusician

I made some more changes to Multi-Man Melee, but I also made Castle Bleck from Super Paper Mario. I'll be happy to accept feedback on either.

Castle Bleck:
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MID]

Sebastian

JesterMusician

I made some notational changes to Castle Bleck for legibility, like beaming and time signatures, but not much for pitches or times. I also added dynamics and articulations.

JesterMusician

I made some more changes for clarity. I got rid of some frilly parts in the right hand because they weren't doing much and just made it needlessly complex. I have determined the awkward time signatures to be [ 3/4 ~ 7/8 ] and [ 4/4 ~ 7/8 ], but since there are only four measures in each set I decided to keep them there explicitly - it's not persistent enough to warrant an additive/mixed time signature. I think the piece is playable now, and I'm quite happy with the way it sounds.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Maelstrom

I finally took a look at your arrangements, and wow. They are something else. You should totally get the full version of Finale.

JesterMusician

I put this on the League of Legends subreddit the other day: Lulu and Shaco's Quirky Encounter

[MID] [MUS] [PDF]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated