TWG 77: Smite: Battleground of the Gods

Started by the_last_sheikah, March 18, 2015, 12:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

My thought process was this:

Hmm... this last post of AwesomeYears seems pretty human. Hey, Latios voted for AwesomeYears. Guess I'll vote for Latios.

I don't think it's super likely it's the vote I'll maintain throughout this phase, but I wanted to get my vote off of Maelstrom. I'll give a more in-depth analysis of the players later tonight probably!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

mikey

Quote from: them on March 19, 2015, 01:28:05 PMSafety for right now. I'll change it if other people start voting for you. But that still doesn't answer my concerns or Maelstrom's comment... Or Davy's. I don't know if this is just how you play, but why aren't you refuting our suspicions right away?
yeah, I don't usually try to refute baseless suspicion, or explain myself more than I have to
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on March 19, 2015, 09:16:02 AMThen there's AwesomeYears who decided to claim a camp before we even finalized a strategy
The first thing I did (or one of the first, at least) was vote for a camp. If we have a mechanic that can work in our favor, we might as well use it!

Also, davy, it seems to me like you're being very fickle: your suspicions have little rhyme nor reason- see, the below quote.

Quotebecause Nocturne just seems to agree with any plan while BDS just seems to disagree with every plan. Also neither of them added a relevant strategy or other useful info (except their two cents on which camps the wolves would go for).
Which is clearly wrong, as demonstrated by the below quote from me (which is a suggestion for a "relevant strategy," and is suggesting my own "plan"):
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 18, 2015, 10:06:14 PMI'm sorry, but I think we should take full advantage of the buffs, rather than waste them/allow the wolves to get a buff pretty much scot-free. This strategy seems like it would benefit the wolves more than the humans.
The below quote is what I would consider "useful info" (which you seem to not consider such):
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 18, 2015, 02:27:42 PMI'd think that the wolves would go for the Attack Speed Camp, because it helps guarantee against a random indecisive lynch, while not seeming too conspicuous.

Of course, I have not had much time to post, unfortunately, especially given that little else had occurred during the time I last got on.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Latios212

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 19, 2015, 04:14:01 PMIf we have a mechanic that can work in our favor, we might as well use it!

The thing is, I don't really see any particularly convincing benefit for either camp for the gods as of right now. Damage camp placed on a god this early in the game could result in a god being lynched if the god holding it happens to be mistaken. As Lommy said,
Quote from: them on March 18, 2015, 07:04:26 PMI believe as gods we should NOT go for the Damage Camp buff. If Ah Muzen Cab got it, that would take 3 gods to reverse the power, and we would be inclined to bandwagon on an innocent. Or make a rushed decision, at least.
As for damage camp, we'd be inclined to break a tie to override this power anyway.

If we continue with anarchic camp-rushing, the wolves will be free to nab one (or potentially both!) of the buffs today and get away with it since they will be hidden among the rest of the god voters. They won't be as scared to take tomorrow's buffs, either.

If we vote for camps in an organized fashion (or not at all) this will put more pressure on the wolves today. If they don't get today's camps, great. If they do take them, they'll be exposed and less inclined to take tomorrow's. I think we should take this opportunity to do some organized camp voting given that today's camps are slightly tamer than the others. Specifically, I don't want the wolves to get a hold of damage camp.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Sorry, in the above post I meant to say "As for attack speed camp" after the second quote.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

I'm here to make a dramatic entrance!!

Any plan that involves complete participation and attention by the players is not possible. If there's anything to learn from NSM TWG it's that people are inactive and it messes up a bunch of stuff

Personally I see nothing wrong with a human going for a wolf-like camp. Obviously Bakasura will get it no matter what, but Fenrir is still a player too. If the humans only go for the human-beneficial camps, that's guaranteeing the wolves what they want! Analyzing the players who choose which camps won't be too effective until the second round has ended (I think it's after day 2, im not really sure)

Ninja'd by latios
Damage camp could definitely be useful to the wolves, but a little risky on day 2 when they still have the possibility of being found out. Plus, if you think Damage camp is the one the wolves absolutely need, they'll definitely get it! The only way to use a strategy to attempt to force them out of choosing it would be 100% participation with everyone going for the opposite camp, but yeah that won't happen. Basically: if the wolves want a camp there's nothing stopping them from taking it.

davy

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 19, 2015, 10:13:50 AMKeep in mind the wolves can steal buffs if they want.

And I still can't understand why there are two people voting for me despite the lack of reasons. Remember, cardflips are active in this game, so if the two that lead a baseless lynch against me and I flip human, we know who to target.

Maelstrom still looks like he does not want to partake in the discussion at hand...

Quote from: them on March 19, 2015, 01:43:23 PMWhy are we voiting for Latios212? I think Latios is more human than AwesomeYears so far.

Care to elaborate why you think Latios is more human than AwesomeYears?

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 19, 2015, 02:14:24 PMyeah, I don't usually try to refute baseless suspicion, or explain myself more than I have to

If you're not explaining yourself to the extend that is expected from you, you can have my vote.

NoS

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 19, 2015, 04:14:01 PMThe first thing I did (or one of the first, at least) was vote for a camp. If we have a mechanic that can work in our favor, we might as well use it!
A good thing to keep in mind when playing TWG with BDS: If you ever create a strategy that involves other players, don't expect BDS to partake because he's just too paranoid.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 19, 2015, 04:14:01 PMAlso, davy, it seems to me like you're being very fickle: your suspicions have little rhyme nor reason- see, the below quote.
Which is clearly wrong, as demonstrated by the below quote from me (which is a suggestion for a "relevant strategy," and is suggesting my own "plan")
Actually, no it isn't. The discription "taking full advantage of the buffs" is pretty vague, especially with Bakasura around. There is no explanation as to why Latios's plan does not take full advantage of the buffs, and how we should.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 19, 2015, 04:14:01 PMThe below quote is what I would consider "useful info" (which you seem to not consider such):
Of course, I have not had much time to post, unfortunately, especially given that little else had occurred during the time I last got on.

Quote from: davy on March 19, 2015, 09:16:02 AMAlso neither of them added a relevant strategy or other useful info (except their two cents on which camps the wolves would go for).

And just like that, 3 new replies have been posted. I'll make another post if I think I need to reply to them.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Latios212 on March 19, 2015, 04:44:28 PMIf we continue with anarchic camp-rushing, the wolves will be free to nab one (or potentially both!) of the buffs today and get away with it since they will be hidden among the rest of the god voters. They won't be as scared to take tomorrow's buffs, either.

If we vote for camps in an organized fashion (or not at all) this will put more pressure on the wolves today. If they don't get today's camps, great. If they do take them, they'll be exposed and less inclined to take tomorrow's. I think we should take this opportunity to do some organized camp voting given that today's camps are slightly tamer than the others. Specifically, I don't want the wolves to get a hold of damage camp.
You're completely missing that whatever human gets a buff will most likely be wolfed... If two humans get buffs, however, they can only (realistically) kill one of them. Wolves have to weigh the benefit of getting a buff now, when it's less useful, or waiting until late-game to do so. Now is when WE can get buffs that will help us.

What Bubbles said. :P
Quote from: Bubbles on March 19, 2015, 04:50:11 PMif the wolves want a camp there's nothing stopping them from taking it.

Quote from: davy on March 19, 2015, 04:57:57 PMActually, no it isn't. The discription "taking full advantage of the buffs" is pretty vague, especially with Bakasura around. There is no explanation as to why Latios's plan does not take full advantage of the buffs, and how we should.
Latios's plan would very likely not work, something I explained in my first (serious) post (combined with more recent reasoning expressed above, providing more details, since people seem not to see how it would not work by themselves).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Mobile right now so can't day much but bubbles if nobody votes for damage buff the wolves can't get it, making me somewhat more suspicious of bds because he declined to share that info
unmotivated

Bubbles

At this point, its not a huge deal if the wolves get either of the buffs. I can't see that plan going smoothly, since I'm sure someone has already voted (besides BDS). What you're saying is that if no one votes for Damage Camp except the wolves, then we know who the wolves are?

I mean go ahead and try to rally everyone together, but all we need is one person who isn't reading everything clear enough to vote for the other buff. This would work better in Day 2 when the buffs could be more dangerous to humans and everyone has had enough time to fully integrate themselves in the game.

Latios212

Quote from: Bubbles on March 19, 2015, 04:50:11 PMBasically: if the wolves want a camp there's nothing stopping them from taking it.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 19, 2015, 05:18:00 PMIf two humans get buffs, however, they can only (realistically) kill one of them. Wolves have to weigh the benefit of getting a buff now, when it's less useful, or waiting until late-game to do so. Now is when WE can get buffs that will help us.
Something doesn't add up here. If what Bubbles said is right, and the wolves can and will take something, then there isn't a possibility of gods getting both camps.

Quote from: Bubbles on March 19, 2015, 05:58:28 PMI mean go ahead and try to rally everyone together, but all we need is one person who isn't reading everything clear enough to vote for the other buff. This would work better in Day 2 when the buffs could be more dangerous to humans and everyone has had enough time to fully integrate themselves in the game.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 19, 2015, 05:18:00 PMwhatever human gets a buff will most likely be wolfed...
Fair enough - if there are one or two gods who DO vote for damage camp, they'll be in danger. If we can't stop them, the best we can do is distribute our votes evenly over both camps so as to dilute both groups, resulting in a lower chance of a god being wolfed.
In the future though, I hope we'll be able to completely hold out on voting for a specific camp. That would be nice :/

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Latios212 on March 19, 2015, 06:31:36 PMSomething doesn't add up here. If what Bubbles said is right, and the wolves can and will take something, then there isn't a possibility of gods getting both camps.
Well, just because the wolves can do something every night doesn't mean they will, especially when it comes at the risk of exposing themselves so early in the game (late game, that doesn't matter as much, especially if they're one winning move away)!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 19, 2015, 06:43:24 PMWell, just because the wolves can do something every night doesn't mean they will, especially when it comes at the risk of exposing themselves so early in the game (late game, that doesn't matter as much, especially if they're one winning move away)!
Exactly. Like I said, the wolves don't need any of the buffs right now, so if it endangers them they're not going to risk it. That's why there's no real benefit in putting together a plan in this phase (that may or may not even end up working)

mikey

So in other words bubbles wants wolves to have double votes
unmotivated

Bubbles

In other words, if the wolves want double votes they already have them. A plan in a phase like this isn't going to help