News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayastarr041

Wow its long. And that pianist must be realy talented to do that
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

TheMarioPianist

Man, those songs are a piece of cake compared to this one. I'd like to raise some questions about playability here...XD

Ahh, good old 3D Land...Maestro could play this, right? Right?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I remember hitting Maestro up about recording the first book of NALAC (Nintendo A la Cziffra), then just decided not to (though technically I only talked to him about one), as I've found many of them have little sections that simply aren't playable, even with concert pianist technique.
For instance, the thumbnail that's coming up has 16th octaves with only one black key, near impossible depending on tempo.
It's very easy to create flashy effects in Finale, they don't always translate well to the keyboard though.
what is shitpost

TheMarioPianist

Yea, the way it's written, this one has a tempo of 80-90 BPM. Still, it's probably impossible. Well, I don't know. Maybe there's someone out there that can. But that's doubtful.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ThatGamer

I'm working on Nyan cat. And no, not the easy version. Freaking impossible, but I'm getting there.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Latios212

http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2351

One of my favorites from PMD2. I think the four independent layers intimidated me for a while, but let's give this one a real try...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Nice choice, Lati~
Once I get a camera, I can start recording some performance submissions D:
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

That's such a lovely piece. I know I've been a music major for a long time because I'm actually starting to love Bach.

Typically you can tell which pianists know the least about piano--they're the ones who are most obsessed with Chopin.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

I'd say that's more accurate from a theory standpoint than a performance standpoint (where chopin wins because, well, he actually composed for the piano.) But yeah, Bach is my all time favorite composer. His music has so much more depth to it than that of the works of any other composer.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just because one is a lover of Chopin (such as myself) doesn't mean they don't also play Bach, and Beethoven, and all the rest that many only pretend to love to sound intelligent. That said, that also happens with Chopin.
It's also worth noting that Chopin, in his later works, used counterpoint just as Bach did. Check out the final movement of the B minor sonata.
The ones who know least about the piano are the ones most obsessed with the Fantasie Impromptu  ::)
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

IDK it just seems to me like all the kiddie freshmen coming in think they're pretentious because they know how to play Chopin, but as they go on they realize that he's one of the most cliche, formulaic and (in many cases) dull composers, haha. But yeah, Bach's music is incredibly neat to study.

Honestly though I think my fav is Debussy. Every single one of his works is completely fascinating.

SlowPokemon

Oh to clarify though, I don't think Chopin is unimportant and his works are lovely. But I don't understand pianists who say he's their favorite composer.

FireArrow

Chopin is the corny "The piano is my voice, and I shall express my soul through it" composer. So that, along with being really showy, kinda creates the whole annoying, pretentious Chopin cult. I do agree that there's reasons to enjoy him though.

MaestroUGC

Chopin is singular in his music as he was few who did his own thing, paying no mind to what his predecessors or contemporaries were doing, I've always preferred Liszt myself.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.