News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[DELETED] [SNES] Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind - "Hill Stream Blues" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, April 01, 2015, 12:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Hill Stream Blues
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Yug_Guy

Bespinben

That LH is really really messy right now. Typically, the notes of the higher layer should point upwards, and the notes of the lower layer should point downwards. Despite common misconception, you actually have control over this in Notepad. Just highlight the note, hit "l", and it should slip the direction of the note stem.

Also, m. 18-29 LH -- it's kind of impossible to play the lower layer at full length while having the top layer staccato. It just can't be done (unless you want to use the sostenuto pedal, but that's a little impractical for this speed). You may wish to reconsider your articulations, note values, and/or desired pedaling.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

O.o Almost forgot I had this one... and it needed work. Changes I've made:
  • Changed LH stem positions in measures 2-16
  • Got rid of second layer in measures 18-35; changed beat 2 to two eighth notes
  • Changed base in measures 18-35 to be an octave higher
Hopefully it's at least... better.
I cringed when I looked back at this. It's been God-knows-how-long, and it definitely shows. I guess your first few pieces don't turn out so well, eh?

Yug_Guy

Bespinben

I'll give a more fleshed-out critique soon, but while I'm here, I thought I should point out

*This should be in Swing tempo.
*The Eb in the pick-up measure should be spelled D# (it's a G[aug] chord not an Eb[aug] because of the dominant to tonic motion of the bass).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Bespinben on July 16, 2015, 01:32:11 PM*This should be in Swing tempo.
This arrangement was made before I started using Musescore, so I can't play it back in Swing without outside help. It's also why I can't put in 8va's.

I will put in the D#, not right now though.

Yug_Guy

I'll admit: the only reason I have this piece submitted is because it was the first arrangement I had done, and I wanted to get something on site. That being said, the only reason I arranged it in the first place was because someone requested it. The only reason I decided to arrange it was solely because of JonTron (link for anyone interested). Otherwise, I have no emotional ties to this game or this song.

That is why I've left this song neglected for so long. I honestly didn't care. I still don't care.

Maybe one day, this song might see the light of day on NSM. But as of right now, I'd like to focus more on other songs for now. Songs that actually have meaning to me, that I want to be on the site. But for right now, this isn't one of them.

I'm sorry Bubsy, but this is just one of the possibilities that went wrong...