News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[GBC] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Battle! Trainer (Johto)" by JDMEK5

Started by Zeta, April 03, 2015, 03:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Battle! Trainer (Johto)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bespinben

YUSSSS

........that's really all I have to do say lol. This is great.

(I'm sure I'll find something to nitpick, but I'm just not in the mood XD)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JDMEK5

Haha I dare say that's the best 'first response' I've ever gotten! I'll be back to fix whatever you find.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

You tend to get up here with your intervals, so keep an eye on that. Also, is there a reason for the 2/4? If anything, I hear that in 2/2...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Well yes, it's that there's an uneven number of measures there. And to be honest the whole section seems to me more like 2/4 as opposed to 2/2.. Of course, maybe that's my lack of knowledge/experience. Could you explain maybe?

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 29, 2015, 01:20:12 PMWell yes, it's that there's an uneven number of measures there. And to be honest the whole section seems to me more like 2/4 as opposed to 2/2.. Of course, maybe that's my lack of knowledge/experience. Could you explain maybe?

Well, think about it from a conductor's POV (pretend it's for a larger ensemble). You're blazing through 4/4 at 186 bpm getting the beat, then here comes a new section. Rather than beat 1-2-3-4, to me it makes musical sense to half it and go into a large 2, 1---2--- sort of thing. Then put 71-73 in one big 3/2 bar, strengthening that cadence before the transition back to the 4/4 (and key change).

So to recap: 43-70 I'd put in 2/2, then 71-73 I'd make into one big 3/2 bar, then 74-77 two bars of 2/2 before switching back to the 4/4 at 78.

Other things:

-Measure 97 LH "G" should be a "Bb."

-Remove the tie from the Bb in the RH of 97, and the Bb it's tied to in the next measure. The recording doesn't hold that over.

-Both tenths you have written in measure 82 are too much of a reach to be left alone. If you're going to write tenths, take into consideration the duration of the note value, the speed of the piece, and (probably most importantly) the manual in which they reside. Keep them either all white or all black keys. Trying to reach between the two is much harder than when they're the same, at least for the average hand.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Fixed everything except this:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 08, 2015, 10:11:43 AM-Remove the tie from the Bb in the RH of 97, and the Bb it's tied to in the next measure. The recording doesn't hold that over.
I'll change it if you want but I deliberately did that because when I listened to the recording at half tempo, it was definitely there.

Also, how does one make a vertical "|_________|" bracket?

And the .musx extension. Is that a thing I can provide with 2012?

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 12, 2015, 10:52:55 AMAlso, how does one make a vertical "|_________|" bracket?

By using the "Custom Line Tool" in the "Smart Shape Palette":
1,"Create" a new line in the "Custom Line Tool".
2,Make sure to leave the "Horizonal" sqaure unmarked.
3,In "end point style" select hook at the start and at the end and make it maybe 0.1/0.2.
4,Now you've created a bracked that can be flipped vertically. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 12, 2015, 10:52:55 AMFixed everything except this:I'll change it if you want but I deliberately did that because when I listened to the recording at half tempo, it was definitely there.

Are you listening to the official one from the HGSS ost release? Because that one doesn't hold over.

Latios212

The retro tracks on the HG/SS OST are different from the ones in G/S/C.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Just to clarify, it's a three disk set, in which the third disk acts as the original GSC ost.

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 12, 2015, 01:38:41 PMJust to clarify, it's a three disk set, in which the third disk acts as the original GSC ost.

The third disk is actually a collection of tracks from the GB Sounds feature of HG/SS, and those are a little different from the ones in G/S/C.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

JDMEK5

So I'm good then?.. Because I would imagine that that would've been done deliberately on the GBC.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 12, 2015, 11:14:54 AMBy using the "Custom Line Tool" in the "Smart Shape Palette":
1,"Create" a new line in the "Custom Line Tool".
2,Make sure to leave the "Horizonal" sqaure unmarked.
3,In "end point style" select hook at the start and at the end and make it maybe 0.1/0.2.
4,Now you've created a bracked that can be flipped vertically.
Thanks! Wow though, that's way too complicated..

My Arrangements