News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Using other Midi files

Started by melroycen, April 13, 2015, 04:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melroycen

So I've started using midi files from other websites to try to make sheets for myself. What I've been doing though is taking a Midi file off say, Video game music archive, and cutting down, editing, and adding my own slight changes to the music that's given to me. At first I was just going to do it so I could play songs that aren't on here, but I've figured if I go through the trouble of making a sheet, I might as well put it on here for whenever they start adding things to the website again. I was wondering if posting my sheet music on here is even legal, or if what I'm doing is too close to plagiarism for it to be okay. If it isn't okay, where do you get your music from to start a sheet?

In case anybody's wondering I'm doing Guile's Stage from Street Fighter II.
Freedom starts from within

Olimar12345

Sorry, but we wouldn't be able to host your music here. What we do is transcribed by ear, which means we just listen to the original music file and then write down what we hear. What you do is, as you put it, too close the plagiarism, since you are using someone else's midi file.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!