Series: Super Smash Bros.
Game: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Multi-Man Melee 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JesterMusician

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

Wow. I love the creative arranging here. I'm thoroughly impressed!

Only thing I have to say right now regard measures 2-5, right hand: I'm picking up some harmonies that sound like 6ths. Maybe throw some in there and play with them till they sound right.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JesterMusician

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry for not replying sooner; it's been a tough week.

I think you're hearing the harmonics of the guitar, which, for the first chord in M2, is a 3rd above the Db power chord (F). I don't think it's something I should include, as that's an artifact of the guitar's actual notes. Besides, the effect is sort of reproduced in a piano anyway.

JesterMusician

Fixed some errors in the Finale file, including a missing tie, awkward stem direction, hidden crescendo and unhidden rest. Also, the PDF is now generated from Finale.

Would really like to hear some more feedback on this!

The Deku Trombonist

Apologies for the briefness of this piece of feedback.

Bar 27 is missing the chord extensions (Maj7 and 9 I think, off the top of my head). That harmony is also built up with a moving line, so I reckon it'll be worth putting that in, just to add some motion.

In general I think it's pretty good, I just wonder if more can be done to bring out the character of the piece on the piano and emulate the power and force that the original track has. Maybe Bespinben might have more suggestions to offer here.

Tobbeh99

Great arrangement. One question:
A measure 54: how did you create that "fore-arm-chord"? I need to a similar one in one of my arrangements I'm working with but I don't know how to get that shape.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 29, 2015, 01:29:17 AMGreat arrangement. One question:
A measure 54: how did you create that "fore-arm-chord"? I need to a similar one in one of my arrangements I'm working with but I don't know how to get that shape.

This is how Henry Cowell, who coined the term "tone cluster", notated them in "The Tides of Manaunaun."
http://forum.makemusic.com/attach.aspx/8263/Cowell%20Tone%20Clusters.MUS

Source: http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=192899
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JesterMusician

I added something fun for the pianist to do in 32. I changed the A to a G# in 27 (I can't hear a 9, just a M7 and a 10).

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 29, 2015, 01:29:17 AMGreat arrangement. One question:
In MuseScore, make the noteheads invisible, open the Master Palette (Shift+F9), and add "Combining white rectangular cluster" pieces to the top, bottom and middle notes.
In Finale, use the Note Shape tool and change them to 58, 59, 201 and 202 (to hide extra noteheads).

Tobbeh99

Emm the noteheads 58,59,201 and 202 are not the ones you have. For me 58 and 59 are small notes and 201 is a grace note and 202 is nothing. But i found a way to do it: by creating a rectangular note shape and sizing it up a bit.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zeta