News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[NES] Mega Man - "Elec Man" (Replacement) by Dudeman

Started by Zeta, April 16, 2015, 05:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Elec Man
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Dudeman

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dudeman

Formatting-wise, I know that I only need measure numbers (Notepad limitations). Anything else that I missed/need to change?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

JesterMusician

Pretty good! Just a couple of things:

-The second measure to the end should show A-sharp explicitly since it's immediately preceded by an A-natural.
-The last G-sharp in RH of measure 8 should extend to the end of the measure (tied to a half note in another voice instead of a quarter)
-Click the gear on the Youtube video, slow it down to 0.5, and listen very carefully to the bass line. The first F-sharp in measure 4 is actually an F-natural, can you hear it? Similarly, the 2nd and 3rd A-naturals in the following measure sound like A-sharps to me.
-You can wrap a lot of it up in a volta system (1st ending: 9-10, 2nd ending: 17-, put D.S. at the end and a Segno marker at 3) - if you do this, you can get it all on one page.
-In a single-voice context, chord ties should be half curving up and half curving down (the MUS file does this, but the PDF does not)
-I wouldn't write gliss. on every glissando. Uncheck the Show Text parameter in MuseScore.

Tobbeh99

Good arrangement!

you could move down two measures from the first staff system to the second staff system, and after that fit measures to 4, you will get 4 measures on the two staffs on the second page. What you'll end with is 2 "intro measures" and after that the repeat sign and the rest of the song.
(second page)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 17, 2015, 03:49:35 PMPretty good! Just a couple of things:

-The second measure to the end should show A-sharp explicitly since it's immediately preceded by an A-natural.
-The last G-sharp in RH of measure 8 should extend to the end of the measure (tied to a half note in another voice instead of a quarter)
-Click the gear on the Youtube video, slow it down to 0.5, and listen very carefully to the bass line. The first F-sharp in measure 4 is actually an F-natural, can you hear it? Similarly, the 2nd and 3rd A-naturals in the following measure sound like A-sharps to me.
-You can wrap a lot of it up in a volta system (1st ending: 9-10, 2nd ending: 17-, put D.S. at the end and a Segno marker at 3) - if you do this, you can get it all on one page.
-In a single-voice context, chord ties should be half curving up and half curving down (the MUS file does this, but the PDF does not)
-I wouldn't write gliss. on every glissando. Uncheck the Show Text parameter in MuseScore.
-By "immediately preceded," do you mean two measures before? 'Cause a pianist should know that it's switched back by then.
-Fixed.
-Checked the original game files. It's an F-sharp. And they're A-naturals.
-Changed to a volta system. Dunno if I like it personally, but it does look nicer.
-Fixed.
-Fixed.

Files updated.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

By looking at the formatting, it looks nice! I like how you added the volta brackets and the DS sign.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JesterMusician

I won't argue about those notes if you confirmed with the midi files (though it still sounds that way to me...)
Here's what I mean about the courtesy accidental:

EDIT: Actually looking at the context, the circled note (and RH A#'s) should actually be spelled as Bb, since the underlying harmony is descending diatonically: D-C-Bb (-B/F#)

Dudeman

Ohhh! I thought you meant the right hand. I'll fix that soonly.

EDIT: Fixed and Updated.

Dudeman

Just noticed Jester's edit to his post, so changed the A#'s to Bb's. Updated.

Brawler4Ever

The only problem that I see is that the repeat doesn't work during the second iteration. The playback skips over the first volta. I've had this same problem before. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it. :-\

Also, url should be http://www.ninsheetmusic.org (missing the caps)

Other than that, it looks really good!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Bespinben

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 05, 2015, 04:59:39 PMurl should be http://www.ninsheetmusic.org (missing the caps)
This.

Quote from: Dudeman on April 16, 2015, 05:55:25 PMFormatting-wise, I know that I only need measure numbers (Notepad limitations). Anything else that I missed/need to change?
You actually can add measure numbers in Notepad. Instructions at are the bottom of the "What Should Your Sheet Look Like?" thread (http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=481.0)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Dudeman

Quote from: Bespinben on July 23, 2015, 02:58:50 AMYou actually can add measure numbers in Notepad. Instructions at are the bottom of the "What Should Your Sheet Look Like?" thread (http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=481.0)
Um, are you sure?/Is there a newer version of Notepad past 2012?

Brawler4Ever

I'm with Dudeman on this one. I've always had to manually put in the measure numbers.

This is what I see when I go over the Document Tab, as suggested in the WSYSLL Thread:

Spoiler
[close]

There is no "edit measure number regions" in Notepad 2012. :-\
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday