News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG 79: Player Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, April 16, 2015, 08:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Why does Mashi always make the best games?

mikey

because he's mashi, and because he's TWC

this is a game that I play with my friends called Resistance, minus Merlin
unmotivated

Yugi

Do wolves win if humans are never able to organise a mission at any point?

Maelstrom

Is it publicly announced whether the mission was a success or a failure?

Sqwerrels

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 20, 2015, 12:15:08 PMthis is a game that I play with my friends called Resistance, minus Merlin

This is more along the lines of a spinoff of Resistance, entitled Avalon, which does include the Merlin and the final guessing of the Merlin at the end. Though I believe Resistance has a character that has the similar end win conditions as guessing of the Merlin

Latios212

Quote from: Sqwerrels on April 20, 2015, 04:30:35 PMThis is more along the lines of a spinoff of Resistance, entitled Avalon, which does include the Merlin and the final guessing of the Merlin at the end. Though I believe Resistance has a character that has the similar end win conditions as guessing of the Merlin
I think Resistance just has a team win after 3 missions pass/fail, regardless.

When I play Avalon with my friends (in person) there are more power roles. However there are numerous aspects of gameplay that, unlike Mafia, cannot easily be transferred to an online setting. (Examples: having each player propose a mission and having players vote on it would take an indeterminate amount of time especially given that we're all on-and off-line at different times; wolves would be able to communicate via PM online, whereas in real life secret conversations are not possible and it is harder for them to coordinate ducking.)

Thus, I'm willing to roll with whatever Mashi decides to do. It'll feel different from what I'm used to but fresh as well.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Mashi

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 20, 2015, 09:54:08 AMWhy does Mashi always make the best games?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 20, 2015, 12:15:08 PMbecause he's mashi, and because he's TWC

this is a game that I play with my friends called Resistance, minus Merlin
(sun)
<3

Quote from: Yugi on April 20, 2015, 12:30:29 PMDo wolves win if humans are never able to organise a mission at any point?
If for some reason, no one votes for a Team to be formed, X random Players are chosen to form the Team.

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 20, 2015, 12:42:49 PMIs it publicly announced whether the mission was a success or a failure?
Yup, I'll add that in.

And yeah, I just designed the game based on Avalon to those who know it.  I kept the game format simple for the time being though for ease of balancing, since I'm not too sure how to translate real life gameplay to a forum format. 

Need to do some work today, so I'm going to try to get the game up, revisions and all, up by tomorrow.  I'm glad people seem excited for it!