News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Question about copyright

Started by Tobbeh99, May 03, 2015, 02:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Hi I want to make my copyrights correct. But I wonder what I shall write in the copyright section.
For example: Super Smash Bros. Melee
On the wikipedia page it says that Hal Labratory is the developer, and that Nintendo is the Publisher.
The question then is: Which one should I put in the copyright section, or should I put both??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

QuoteUse the format used in the picture - <Publisher> © <Year Published>

Although someone else might have more insight.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Here is an example
Banjo Kazooie is developed by Rare and published by Nintendo.
As you can see in Dekus Banjo Kazooie arrangements, in the copyright he puts Nintendo/Rare.

So you could put Nintendo/Hal Labratory

MaestroUGC

The Publisher is the one you put, as they're the ones who own the rights to the music.

In the case of Smash, you'd put the piece's (in the case of remixes) original publisher as well as Nintendo.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Tobbeh99

I think I'm going to do as Mariolegofan suggested. That way I can't get it wrong.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh