News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Deep Sea of Mare" by Nacho2420

Started by Zeta, April 03, 2015, 06:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Sunshine
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Deep Sea of Mare
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nacho2420

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Lol, "Deep Sea of Sea". Smooth moves Nintendo.

*The 2nd layer of the bass is out of alignment in measure 1-24, 26-27, 30, & 36-39. Just delete it and re-enter and it should fix itself.

*Measures 33-34 DO NOT change time signature or tempo. No triplets either. What it does is it subdivides the 3 beats into 4 dotted eighths, and stresses those:

(LH chords needed some work too btw -- this brings me to my next point...)

*I feel you should spot check all your arpeggios again. For example, m. 32 beat 2 of LH should be a B then a C, not a C then a D.

*Did you maybe accidentally switch the 2nd voice in RH for m. 27-28 and m. 31-32? What you wrote for m.31-32 is what the OST plays in m. 27-28, and vice versa. Again, I'd recommend spot checking your transcription again.
------------------------------

Side thought: I like your use of the harp patch change, but that name is really just a MIDI thing. For example, I wouldn't write "forte on 2nd pass" in an actual sheet (though that's the MIDI instruction definitely), instead, I would write "forte on repeat".
But... for here, I'm not sure. A good comparison would be to organ music, with its notations for changing "stops" (i.e. the instrument sounds). Maybe make a performance  note to the effect of "If playing on keyboard, use harp setting".

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

nacho2420

Got it, and fixed some other errors I noticed along the way. I think the switch ups happened from listening to the audio at different points and thinking meas 28 was 31.

Thanks for the lookout on meas. 33; I'm curious how quick you were at figuring out that rhythm, as I thought it was a brief tempo change.

Hope this version works  :)

The Deku Trombonist

I'm not sure what you've written (phone posting again) at 33 but it would look tidier (and more clearly highlight the relationship) if it was with a '4' tuplet rather than dotted thingies all over the place.

nacho2420

The dotted 8ths/16ths were a suggestion from Bespinben but I can change it to a quartolet if preferred

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah I saw that up there, I just thought I'd suggest a clearer notation.

Bespinben

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 05, 2015, 07:53:27 PMit would look tidier (and more clearly highlight the relationship) if it was with a '4' tuplet rather than dotted thingies all over the place.
Quote from: nacho2420 on May 05, 2015, 09:03:45 PMI can change it to a quartolet if preferred

Yes do that. 4 quarters in the space of 3 quarters should do the trick. If there were other voices accompanying the melody (with different rhythms), I would recommend keeping it written with augmentation dots, but since the LH is just a held chord roll, using the "4 in 3"-let really helps you see the relationship, like Deku said.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot