News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Splatoon - "Main Theme"

Started by SilverSparx, May 14, 2015, 02:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSparx

Completed by Tobbeh99
This one isn't as much as a request as much as it is a dare. I personally like it... a lot. But it is very questionable among the masses and I wanted to see if it would sound good in piano form. I'm not exactly sure if it's a difficult piece to play or compose, but if it is, are you up to the challenge?   8)

Take a listen. ("Splatoon Main Theme"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUzixHNRXA
Nintendo all the way! ~SilverSparx

Maelstrom

wtf did I just listen to.
But yeah, it will be quite difficult to turn out a piano arrangement.

Tobbeh99

I accept this request. To me, it doesn't seem that hard, just the "splatty" keyboard sound.
I got a couple of questions however:
1)Does it repeat to the beginning at the end or does it continue?? Because on the youtube video it just fades away.
2) Are you sure about the title? I looked it up on youtube and found this video in which the song is also titled "Main Theme" but the song is clearly different https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ib_-Qgee3w&;

edit: The theme seems to be the one used in the E3 announcement trailer, problem solved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SilverSparx

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 29, 2015, 04:47:50 PMI accept this request. To me, it doesn't seem that hard, just the "splatty" keyboard sound.
I got a couple of questions however:
1)Does it repeat to the beginning at the end or does it continue?? Because on the youtube video it just fades away.
2) Are you sure about the title? I looked it up on youtube and found this video in which the song is also titled "Main Theme" but the song is clearly different

edit: The theme seems to be the one used in the E3 announcement trailer, problem solved:

You do whichever seems better to you, and if it does repeat, just cut off right at the repeat.

Tobbeh99

If you wonder how far I've come [Mus.]. I'm almost done! :) I just need to check/add some acciaccatura and tremollos, and the change the ending a bit. 
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SilverSparx

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 03, 2015, 07:38:25 AMIf you wonder how far I've come [Mus.]. I'm almost done! :) I just need to check/add some acciaccatura and tremollos, and the change the ending a bit.

Any chance you could make that a .midi file? My computer doesn't work well with Mus. files...

Maelstrom

Wait until he's finished. If you want to see the partially completed product, download finale Notepad. It's free.

Tobbeh99

Here's is a new zip. file with pdf., mus. and midi files. As I said it's not completely done yet, but almost, (95%).
[ZIP]

Edit:
Ok so I think I'm actually done with this one. The only remaining question is if I should keep the keyboard/synth guidelines and sounds, or if I should just make it a piano arrangement. The link above contains the finished arrangement, the files have been updated.

10/10 tobbeh

SilverSparx

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 04, 2015, 06:06:07 AMHere's is a new zip. file with pdf., mus. and midi files. As I said it's not completely done yet, but almost, (95%).
[ZIP]

Edit:
Ok so I think I'm actually done with this one. The only remaining question is if I should keep the keyboard/synth guidelines and sounds, or if I should just make it a piano arrangement. The link above contains the finished arrangement, the files have been updated.

I would like to hear it just as a piano arrangement, but if the synth is what you like, keep it that way.

Tobbeh99

Y, I could have the keyboard guidelines, but have piano sound on the playback.

Edit: I changed the playback sound, it sounds a lot better with the piano sound, since Finale doesn't have that good keyboard sounds. All the files are updated.

10/10 tobbeh

SilverSparx

Tobbeh99

Great, then were done. Should we move this thread to the "fulfilled request" topic?? Do you know how to do it?

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Bubbles will do it when he gets around to it
(not for a while)

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 04, 2015, 04:45:47 PMBubbles will do it when she gets around to it
(not for a while)
Ftfy

Bubbles

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 04, 2015, 04:45:47 PMBubbles will do it when he gets around to it
(not for a while)
A bit rude don't cha think