News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Splatoon

Started by K-NiGhT, May 29, 2015, 10:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Kinda surprised we haven't had a topic about this yet.

So, the game came out today, and I managed to get it along with the 3 amiibos for a pretty nice discount :D Love the game so far!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

the_last_sheikah

Splatoon's a lot of fun, hope it can keep the momentum though.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Dudeman

It should, considering the free DLC in August(?). Plus I'd be very surprised if they don't continue to add tons of new stuff and updates as the WiiU loses steam.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FierceDeity

I won't be able to play this until fall :/ not getting a wii U until I move into my apartment for next year

KefkaticFanatic

Probably better off, most reviews say it seems largely unfinished and waiting on a lot of promised content.

See: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/nintendos-first-true-online-shooter-splatoon-is-a-hot-painted-mess/

QuoteThere is a lot to like about Splatoon, we swear. The core experience, with the uzi gun class equipped and lots of puddles to quickly swim through, has no online-gaming peer, while the colorful art style, wiggly squid animations, and DJ-meets-acoustic-guitars soundtrack will charm players who loved the likes of Jet Set Radio. We think this game would be a no-brainer if it received substantive changes, including weapon balancing, range increases, more arenas, more modes, quick loadout-swap options, friend matchmaking, and any form of team communication.

Verdict: Buy it... whenever Nintendo finishes it.

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

So far I've been having a lot of fun. It's a very innovative way to look at the shooter genre, and it's definitely nothing we've ever seen before. It also has pretty neat Miiverse functionality, which is rare for most games. Only thing I would like to see is more maps and stuff, but that's of course going to come later. At least it will be in the form of free updates instead of paid DLC, and I seriously love that approach.

Dudeman

Unless it leads to releases of "unfinished" games, a la EA. Let's hope this is a one-time occurrence.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Hey, at least the DLC is free, and will com out on (I think) a weekly basis.

Nebbles

Well, I still think the game should be, well, more fleshed out and finished upon release. DLC is nice, especially when free, but it's more annoying if you feel like you're missing part of the game instead of getting more content to already a good amount of it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 29, 2015, 08:04:34 PMProbably better off, most reviews say it seems largely unfinished and waiting on a lot of promised content.

See: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/nintendos-first-true-online-shooter-splatoon-is-a-hot-painted-mess/

That's kinda reassuring, haha. Though I'm still happy in general that Nintendo's finally caught on to the whole "updating games with competitive aspects to avoid balance issues" thing.

Dudeman

Yeah. From what I've heard the Rollers are ridiculously OP.

K-NiGhT

Nah rollers aren't that OP considering they're so close range that you can easily get a few shots in with a regular weapon before they even get you.

Dudeman

But a few shots with a normal weapon normally won't kill the guy about to steamroll you.

Whatever, man, I just want to get the game already!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Dudeman on May 30, 2015, 05:25:53 PMBut a few shots with a normal weapon normally won't kill the guy about to steamroll you.

Whatever, man, I just want to get the game already!
it has in my experience lmao

Jub3r7

I'm planning to get the Splatoon Wii U as I don't even have the system yet, but that's 300$ plus another hundred for Hyrule Warriors and Smash bros, not even including Mewtwo.

Are the amiibos really necessary?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]