News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Splatoon

Started by K-NiGhT, May 29, 2015, 10:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Is this game multiplayer only? I'm seriously considering buying it but I'm not sure if I'm willing to shell out $60 for a game to play solely online (since I don't have any local multiplayer people available)

Dudeman

There is a single-player campaign. It's fairly short but fun and challenging. The main draw of the game is the multiplayer though.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

About 80% of the game is all online matches. There's a limited local 2-player mode and and single player campaign, plus Amiibo stuff, but you'll easily spend most of the game online.

There could be more to come later, but it'll still likely be all online content.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Meanwhile, I don't have internet. :P

I've been playing the story-mode and it's great! Heaps of fun, especially since there are human-like CPU's once you get towards Zone 3. Plus, I've got all three amiibos, so I'll be doing every level again with each different one to unlock moar weapons!! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

So I might pick this up soon, but I have a couple of questions: can two players play in online matches in a similar style of that of Mario Kart 8? And a silly one that has me very concerned though, can you pick any color you want for the ink or it's only orange/purple/light blue?!

I'll most probably get it regardless of that stuff, but just to make sure. :p

K-NiGhT

Quote from: DonValentino on June 09, 2015, 01:38:59 PMSo I might pick this up soon, but I have a couple of questions: can two players play in online matches in a similar style of that of Mario Kart 8? And a silly one that has me very concerned though, can you pick any color you want for the ink or it's only orange/purple/light blue?!

I'll most probably get it regardless of that stuff, but just to make sure. :p
not yet

it's random every match
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

DonValentino

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 09, 2015, 02:11:07 PMnot yet

it's random every match

Oh, I see... oh well, I was thinking you had a menu where you could select any color for your ink. Maybe in the future. Thanks for the reply :J

Nebbles

Hopefully that's a thing in the future, as well as picking friends-only matches.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on June 09, 2015, 02:45:20 PMHopefully that's a thing in the future, as well as picking friends-only matches.
Friends-only lobbies are confirmed for August, afaik. We may learn more at e3?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Nebbles

Oh, really? Sweet.

Maelstrom

Another stage launches tonight.
I'm pretty surprised with how quickly all the promised content is coming out.

Nebbles

I'm glad we're getting it quickly though.

Jub3r7

kotaku news article: "Guy Spends Entire Splatoon Match Drawing Dicks, Still Wins"
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

AwesomeYears

Sounds like an Onion article :P

Dudeman

Splatfest number 2 announced! Roller Coasters VS. Water Slides. get hype

also that dog win last time was bullcrap I don't care what anyone says
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book