[DELETED] [NDS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - "Tell the truth (2007)" by fank009

Started by Zeta, December 31, 2014, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Tell the truth (2007)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: fank009

Maelstrom

Just take another look at it. It is missing harmonies, the correct url, and a repeat system might be nice.

Maelstrom

Detailed critique.
Truth should be capitalized and the parentheses removed
Composer should be bolded, not italicised
Measure numbers must be added
Url must be fixed
Pno. marking must be removed by someone with a higher version of finale
Should be in the key of F# minor, not G minor AND a half step lower. Just changing it to A Major in Notepad and selecting "move existing notes down" should suffice.
Imo, the RH would sound much better/more true to the original if it was an octave higher, but it's up to you.
m1-4 Those dotted quarters really should be staccato Changed to quarters with eighth rests
m9 onward -- Imo, it would be great to have the 5th harmony that appears at the beginning of the 1st and 3rd beat to be included. (5th sounded unnatural, so changed to 8th)
m9-15 The RH is good for measures 9 and 13, but pretty bad for the rest.
Check my version for the fixes -- Mostly the lack of D#s made it sound pretty off
I fixed up m17's RH quite a bit.
A repeat system and some page re-spacing could make this easily fit on a single page

There were some other harmonies, but I neglected them for the sake of playability
Here's an edited version with my suggestions. Feel free to debate them as much as you like.
[.mus]
Other changes I made:
Added initial dynamic
Added slurs
Changed 8th beaming to more accurately represent the beat

As I made these changes with notepad, there were some things I could not do:
Measure numbers
Pno. marking
Repeats that play back
Optimize measure layout

Tips for future arrangements: go off of the NSM template. It doesn't have the new URL, but it's still much better. You can find it here.

I also recommend using this nifty browser tool to slow down music.
http://www.audiostretch.com/audiostretchforflash/
You need to have the MP3 on hand, but they're not too hard to find.