[DELETED] [GB] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - "Song of Awakening + Ending" by PixelDark

Started by Zeta, January 19, 2015, 10:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Console: Game Boy
Title: Song of Awakening + Ending
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: PixelDark

Bespinben

Very solid! I'll take a deeper look at this later, but I'm very impressed. Any particular reason you grouped these two songs together into one arrangement? Ideally, each song should have it's own sheet, but I would totally understand if you did this purposefully for artistic reasons (ex: my PMD2 Ending Theme  ::))
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

PixelDark

Quote from: Bespinben on January 19, 2015, 11:24:59 PMVery solid! I'll take a deeper look at this later, but I'm very impressed. Any particular reason you grouped these two songs together into one arrangement? Ideally, each song should have it's own sheet, but I would totally understand if you did this purposefully for artistic reasons (ex: my PMD2 Ending Theme  ::))

Thank you! When I played the game, i felt like it was one song, separated in two parts. I think that the second one is like an "answer" to the first one, but maybe it's just me! I could do two sheets, if you want! (It might take some time, I need to learn how to use Finale)

Bespinben

I like them together, how you have it. I feel the same way about their "flow" between each other. My only complaint is that it makes it difficult for people browsing the main site (ex: how would someone looking for Song of Awakening know to download Pixeldark's "Ending"?).

That said, what you could do is change the overall sheet name, something like "'Song of Awakening' + Ending'". That makes the most sense to me.

Maelstrom

Man, that is one great arrangement.
A few things:
--Please review this as to how to format the title and composer/arranger text

--Use / as a shortcut to break note barring. You should not have notes barred over clef changes. And you should only really have eighths barred in sets of two, unless there are 4.

--Speaking about clefs, it might just be easier to use more 8va marks instead of clef changes.

--You might want to double check to figure out what the highest note on a piano is. Don't put anything higher than that.

--The note barring is off. This page, while ugly, should explain proper note barring if you are not familiar with it already.

PixelDark

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 22, 2015, 10:27:16 AMMan, that is one great arrangement.
A few things:
--Please review this as to how to format the title and composer/arranger text

--Use / as a shortcut to break note barring. You should not have notes barred over clef changes. And you should only really have eighths barred in sets of two, unless there are 4.

--Speaking about clefs, it might just be easier to use more 8va marks instead of clef changes.

--You might want to double check to figure out what the highest note on a piano is. Don't put anything higher than that.

--The note barring is off. This page, while ugly, should explain proper note barring if you are not familiar with it already.

Thank you, I tried correcting some mistakes, I'm still learning the bases of Finale.

Maelstrom

Bespinben