News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Thanks for NSM...

Started by Kinsara, June 20, 2015, 09:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinsara

Hey, I wasn't sure which admin I should send this to if any but I wanted to express my appreciation for this site... I don't know if any of the original creators will see this but here's the story:

I found NinSheetMusic in early 2008 and began learning to play some Zelda songs on the piano. This was back in high school when I was kind of friendless. I wound up in a choir class with lunch period right before so I would go into the choir room during lunch when nobody was around and play the songs I'd learned on the piano there. One day, a kid that I definitely wouldn't have talked to otherwise caught me at it and started talking to me about Zelda and other video games. Long story short we got really close and through him I met several other people that I never would have even seen otherwise. They're all still really special to me and a few of them are still my closest friends and have helped me through the hardest times of my life. They're like family to me. Not to get overdramatic, but I think it's entirely possible that I might not even be alive without some of them.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is I don't think I would have met any of these people if it hadn't been for NSM so... like seriously, thank you. My life would not be the same without this website.

Sorry for making a sappy forum post about this! I just wanted to share. I'm so glad this place is still around and that I found it all those years ago.

JDMEK5

Thanks for the support and encouragement! It's thanks to guys like you that we do what we do and enjoy doing it. :)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Kinsara on June 20, 2015, 09:35:16 PMHey, I wasn't sure which admin I should send this to if any but I wanted to express my appreciation for this site... I don't know if any of the original creators will see this but here's the story:

I found NinSheetMusic in early 2008 and began learning to play some Zelda songs on the piano. This was back in high school when I was kind of friendless. I wound up in a choir class with lunch period right before so I would go into the choir room during lunch when nobody was around and play the songs I'd learned on the piano there. One day, a kid that I definitely wouldn't have talked to otherwise caught me at it and started talking to me about Zelda and other video games. Long story short we got really close and through him I met several other people that I never would have even seen otherwise. They're all still really special to me and a few of them are still my closest friends and have helped me through the hardest times of my life. They're like family to me. Not to get overdramatic, but I think it's entirely possible that I might not even be alive without some of them.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is I don't think I would have met any of these people if it hadn't been for NSM so... like seriously, thank you. My life would not be the same without this website.

Sorry for making a sappy forum post about this! I just wanted to share. I'm so glad this place is still around and that I found it all those years ago.
Many thanks for your moving story. It encourages the arrangers (not counting myself in this since I'm not really one) to keep doing what they do, as JDMEK said.
You gonna stick around and arrange? Maybe this isn't the place to ask that, but I'm sure many others would love to hear your story, and maybe some others are going through the same.
what is shitpost

Hero of Trains

Wow, that's awesome! I'm so glad you found those friends. You deserve them, and vice versa! :)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

AwesomeYears

It's really cool to see that NSM has saved a life! Our community are a friendly bunch of users when we don't argue about preference and hope you'll stay with us :D
If you would like to learn how to arrange music that you like, I'll most likely will be posting a tutorial probably in a couple of weeks!

Sebastian

That is a very touching story and I'm glad we can make you glad! Good to have you around :)

Dudeman

Someone get Jamaha on the line! (also laughing a bit on the inside that none of the more veteran arrangers have posted here yet)

It's really great to hear that our arrangements are really making a difference. Thanks for the feedback!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Quote from: Dudeman on June 21, 2015, 12:54:20 PMSomeone get Jamaha on the line!
*sigh*
I've been trying to reach him for months.....

Nebbles

It's wonderful you've made so many friends! Music can truly do fantastic things for people.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on June 21, 2015, 01:44:39 PMMusic can truly do fantastic things for people.
Music is the best medicine.

JDMEK5

"Music expresses what words cannot." This topic is a fruit of the reason for my personal text.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

unmotivated