Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Colosseum
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Pyrite Building
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Pianist Da Sootopolis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

I don't know why you've deleted your submissions on this theme before a couple of times. You know you can just edit your submissions in the NSM-Panel instead of re-posting them.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 05, 2015, 01:32:28 PMI don't know why you've deleted your submissions on this theme before a couple of times. You know you can just edit your submissions in the NSM-Panel instead of re-posting them.
I had reasons at the time, no doubt they were bogus.
That aside, what should I fix?
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

Besides general formatting stuff (arranger, composer) I would recommend fixing measure 14. There's no reason for it to be on a line all by itself. If that can be fixed, you can probably shorten the song to two pages, as well. That would also be good. I also don't see the need for the last measure. Why not just let it end at the repeat? Or end it on a chord?

Anyway, I like your work on the articulations! They really help make the song have more depth!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 05, 2015, 08:17:07 PMBesides general formatting stuff (arranger, composer) I would recommend fixing measure 14. There's no reason for it to be on a line all by itself. If that can be fixed, you can probably shorten the song to two pages, as well. That would also be good. I also don't see the need for the last measure. Why not just let it end at the repeat? Or end it on a chord?

Anyway, I like your work on the articulations! They really help make the song have more depth!
Just realized these are the wrong files, I'm pretty sure.
Agfhgdfgkj XML importation...
Will fix these.
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 05, 2015, 10:07:28 PMAgfhgdfgkj XML importation...

Yeah, that's what I figured. :P

That's why I always do the formatting last in an arrangement, after I've already made the conversion to Notepad.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 05, 2015, 11:05:45 PMYeah, that's what I figured. :P

That's why I always do the formatting last in an arrangement, after I've already made the conversion to Notepad.
Made these changes. Should be better now.
Gonna make some food (yummy Thai curry), maybe call it a night, lol.
Let me know what you think?
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

Ok, so. I was going to make a simple edit to fix the "Composed by" and "Arranged by" area, when I noticed an interesting glitch in your sheet. Starting in measure 12, your left hand had been transposed up a few notes. It made the section sound completely off. So, I went out of my way and fixed it. This led to another problem, that is beyond my capabilities of fixing. The XML conversion doesn't recognize the change back to the bass cleft. It's all correct, note-wise, just in treble cleft form. Really annoying.

I created another version of your sheets, but it has the same problem with the treble cleft. This alternate version has a few differences than your version, based on what I believe you were trying to do, but what XML conversion was incapable of doing.
-Extended the 8va from measure 3 to measure 4, and lowered the second layer in measure 4 to compensate.
-Extended another 8va from measure 6 to 7.
-For measures 18 and 20, I moved the last two repeating chords to the left hand. I believe that this creates a more clean sheet. I also added a grace note to the Bb in both measures.
-I changed the last measure almost completely. I edited the timing of the notes to be, I believe, more accurate to the original song.

Of course, all of these changes are completely undermined by the fact that the left hand is in the treble cleft from measure 12 to the end, which it is not supposed to be. Incredibly frustrating, I assure you. :)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 06, 2015, 07:45:53 AMOk, so. I was going to make a simple edit to fix the "Composed by" and "Arranged by" area, when I noticed an interesting glitch in your sheet. Starting in measure 12, your left hand had been transposed up a few notes. It made the section sound completely off. So, I went out of my way and fixed it. This led to another problem, that is beyond my capabilities of fixing. The XML conversion doesn't recognize the change back to the bass cleft. It's all correct, note-wise, just in treble cleft form. Really annoying.

I created another version of your sheets, but it has the same problem with the treble cleft. This alternate version has a few differences than your version, based on what I believe you were trying to do, but what XML conversion was incapable of doing.
-Extended the 8va from measure 3 to measure 4, and lowered the second layer in measure 4 to compensate.
-Extended another 8va from measure 6 to 7.
-For measures 18 and 20, I moved the last two repeating chords to the left hand. I believe that this creates a more clean sheet. I also added a grace note to the Bb in both measures.
-I changed the last measure almost completely. I edited the timing of the notes to be, I believe, more accurate to the original song.

Of course, all of these changes are completely undermined by the fact that the left hand is in the treble cleft from measure 12 to the end, which it is not supposed to be. Incredibly frustrating, I assure you. :)
Many thanks for the edits- I believe I fixed them last night (at least, it opens that way in Finale 2014).
-I definitely fixed the two step down transposition that happened for whatever reason.
-Didn't fix the 8va, should do that.
-For the last two, I very much appreciate you doing that, as I was up late last night trying to find out how to do the RH/LH "brackets" (for lack of a better word).
Many thanks for the edited sheet!
EDIT: Just confirmed that the sheet opens correctly in Finale 2014. Maybe the clef change wasn't read right by Notepad?
Thanks so much for helping with all of this!
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Hate to sound whiny, but I've fixed these things, is there anything else that should be done to this?
what is shitpost

Bubbles

I'd wait until an actual updater comments their thoughts on it. Not to undermine anyone else's musical knowledge, but it is the updater's final decision that really matters. Just be a little more patient.

Also, I literally just submitted my own arrangement of this when I saw yours (I've deleted mine though because first come first serve, you win). Our arrangements are pretty different though.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Alright. Just thought I'd draw some attention to this, since it was kinda untouched after I fixed it (I think I did, anyways).
I'd love to see your arrangement, though. Is it on your personal arrangement thread?
what is shitpost

Bubbles

Eh, there is one on my arrangement thread I think, but it's severely outdated and prob terrible. I've been working on organizing and fixing up my dropbox because I ran out of space so I can't really give you the link until I figure out why nothing is syncing

nvm, figured it out.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I took a look at your old one, it was interesting (tied notes where I just added a second voice).
Many thanks for the link.
EDIT: This is an interesting note- right at measure ten, you have the alberti figure in the RH along with the upper voice, while the LH still continues the c diminished bass figure. How were you intending that to be played, seeing as it's not only nearly impossible to voice correctly but also reaches far at times (on the and of 4, you have a 12th written).
Personally I put it the way I did in the arrangement because it creates tension right before the main theme of the piece comes in, and so that it's playable (the bass dropping out creates tension and frees the LH to play the voice below the alberti figure)
what is shitpost