News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Music sheets

Started by CosmicProp123, July 08, 2015, 10:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicProp123

I was thinking of posting some super mario galaxy music sheets and I was wondering if I have to post the sheet music and the recording. How can I post the sheet music?
Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Maelstrom

Dropbox. Just upload it, get the shareable link, and copy+paste
No need to post any recordings.

Brawler4Ever

Hey! Welcome to the forums! To answer your first question, no, you do not need a recording.

To submit the sheet to the site, You need to download Finale Notepad. It's a free music notation program and write your sheet there. Then, you would go to NSM Panel at the top, mouse over submissions, and select "Submit New Sheet." Fill out the form, and a new topic will automatically be created here.

Alternatively, you can post a personal arrangement thread here. This would be more for receiving critique on the sheet, and is not part of the submission process.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Yug_Guy

Firstly, NinSheetMusic only accepts arrangements made by you. We've had a couple cases in the past of people trying to pass off music from official Nintendo music sheets as their own. Please don't be one of those people

That being said, music can be submitted to NinSheetMusic via the "NSM Panel." Just click on it, and it should take you to the automatic updater. From there, you can specify the game, system, and title of the piece. Here's an explanation of how to use the NSM Panel

The NSM Panel requires three types of files to be submitted: a PDF, a MIDI, and a MUS. The last one is the proprietary file used by all Finale programs. If you used a different type of music software (like Musescore, for example), you need to export it as an XML file, and then import it via Finale Notepad. Notepad is Finale's free version, so don't worry about having to pay for anything.

When making your MUS file (and your PDF), these are the guidelines you need to follow when polishing up your sheet. It usually pays to check the guidelines every time you submit a sheet, just so you don't forget anything.

When you have your sheet uploaded, it will create a new thread in the Submissions board. From there users will be able to download and critique your work. If you need to update your sheet with a newer file (which you will have to do at some point), just click on NSM Panel again, and click "Edit." From there, you can update any and all of your files, without having to delete your original thread.

Also, it usually helps the rest of us if you reply to your thread with a Youtube clip of the original piece of music. It helps us to compare it with your arrangements.

...I just now realized that two people have already responded, but I'm going to post this anyway. Hope this helps!

CosmicProp123

Thank you. all your replies helped me a lot. but dies the finale notepad actually play the music sheet I created? and will it fulfill the mid, mus, and pdf file of it?
Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Yug_Guy

Notepad should let you save as a MUS and MIDI. For the PDF, you're going to need to download a PDF Converter. I personally use PrimoPDF, but there are others you could use.

Sebastian

Quote from: CosmicProp123 on July 08, 2015, 11:35:20 AMThank you. all your replies helped me a lot. but dies the finale notepad actually play the music sheet I created? and will it fulfill the mid, mus, and pdf file of it?
Yes, notepad plays it and you can make midis with it.