Arrangement sheets

Started by CosmicProp123, July 08, 2015, 09:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What sheets should I arrange? I'm a pure amateur. what's the easiest sing to transcribe?

SMG's Freeazeflame
0 (0%)
SMG's Dusty Dune
0 (0%)
Paper Mario's Macho Grubba
0 (0%)
Smg's Deep Dark
0 (0%)
Smg' Drip Drop
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: July 10, 2015, 09:25:06 PM

CosmicProp123

Please if you can, give the reason you chose this as well as the pro's and con's of your choice. Thank you very much. Here's the link:

Freezeflame:

Dusty Dune:

Macho Grubba:

Deep Dark Galaxy:

Drip Drop:

Thanks guys!
Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

FierceDeity

Here are my thoughts:

Macho Grubba is way too dependent on percussion. It'd be really hard to make work as a piano arrangement, so I'd say definitely not that one.

Dusty Dune Galaxy is also kinda dependent on percussion, and while you could technically do it without incorporating that, and just leave it as a much simpler arrangement, the bass itself is actually mixed pretty low in most parts, so it might not be incredibly easy for you to hear (though that may just be my shitty speakers).

FreezeFlame Galaxy probably wouldn't be too hard to hear, especially considering the repetitive background. However, it may get difficult at times, from an arranging perspective, to fit the voices together well in a two-hand setting. I suppose it's possible to just leave out the quarter note-eighth note, quarter note-eighth note background (in a compound meter), but considering the original piece itself is already kinda bare without its synths, I don't think that'd be ideal.

I think Deep Dark Galaxy could work well as a piano arrangement, especially considering that piano is already prominent. However, I don't know where you are in terms of ear training, so some harmonies might not be super easy for you to hear, as well as that background line starting around 0:19.

Overall, I think Drip Drop Galaxy would be easiest. It has the barest texture, so it's the easiest to hear individual voices in. For this, I think it's more a matter of hearing the individual notes within each instrument, such as within that syncopated, percussive synth line.

It mostly depends on what you're most comfortable with in terms of arranging. Are you stronger at hearing rhythms, or harmonies? Are you stronger at arranging than you are at transcribing? All important questions, ones to which you can really only find the answers by arranging more. Don't worry too much about whether you'll do it perfectly; any experience arranging at this point is good experience.

CosmicProp123

Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Sebastian

Btw, I did Macho Grubba already. I wouldn't recommend checking it out though XD  I did it a long time ago so I'm sure it needs work.....