Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 10
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Polluted Pump (Pump Man's Theme)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Gmanhoffman

flygon9

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It seems like the RH chord rhythm is a little off. It sounds like two sixteenths in some parts, where you have it notated as an eighth. Maybe it's just the 8 bit messing with me though.
what is shitpost

Bespinben

Some general principles:

*Since this is 8-bit music, follow the 3-voice polyphony limit. This means you'll need to take out the extra tones you added (very tastefully done though, I give you that). You may be more liberal with more modern VG music that has a plethora of parts, but it's pretty clear in this type of music what the end product should be.

*Try to follow the original octave choices of the OST as far as playability allows. The bassline in the original is 1 octave higher than you've written. A lot of our Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow sheets do in fact transpose the bassline down an octave, but this is because it would overlap with the other voices significantly if not done.

*Be conscious of how you manage your layers in terms of voice preservation. Take m. 10 for example -- you use a 2nd layer, have a half rest, and then throw the harmony to the 1st layer. The way it looks now would give the impression there is not two but in fact THREE voices in the RH, which is not the case. Measure 19 is similarly at fault, but for dropping the notation of the 2nd voice.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

flygon9

Alright I think I addressed most of the issues, and I replaced the .mus file. (And I noticed that I forgot a tempo marking -whoops.) Also, I'm gonna be away at camp all next week, so this topic may die down for a bit.

Sootopolis: I dunno, I think it's just something to do with it being 8-bit and all. Even if I were to add extra 16th notes at the                  beginning, I feel as if it wouldn't sound right at all, and it'd be even further away from the original piece.

Bespinben: -I went through and removed all 3-note chords.
-It sounds really really weird to me when the bass is an octave up. It didn't sound "dark" enough, if that makes any sense. I figured that it would retain the ominous quality of the original song if the bass were lowered.
-I adjusted the whole voicing issue.

Additionally, a little notepad issue: I am unable to attach the crescendo/decrescendos to just the right hand. If someone could apply all that to the R.H, keep the L.H. at mf, and have them both become mp at m.9, that would be swell. :)

Olimar12345

Formatting was a bit wonkey (pno., no measure numbers, text alignment off, old url, etc.), so I copied everything over to our FREE TEMPLATE FILE! (Sponsor)

So, as for formatting, this should look much nicer:

[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]

Will respond later with more than just formatting once you return!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Hmm, I think ought to archive this one for inactivity. If you're still around flygon9/gmanhoffman, I hope you don't take any offense to this -- we just like to keep the critique-response cycle running smoothly, and 6 weeks seems a bit much  :-X

Granted, we have submissions even older than this, but even us Staff need to mend our old ways.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday