Animal Crossing: New Leaf Arrangement Project - Closed -

Started by DonValentino, July 13, 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

KK Island (Aircheck)! Found this to be pretty simple.

[.mid] [.mus] [.pdf]
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on July 13, 2015, 12:51:08 AM
  • Important: A common template will be offered and it is mandatory to use it in order for the sheet to be accepted. This will cut down any ambiguity between different sheets in terms of layout and stablish common sheet info for every single arrangement. Both Finale 2012 and Finale 2014 templates will be offered, but at least a .mus file is always required in case of using Finale 2014.

ThatGamer

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 19, 2015, 11:14:57 AM

Besides the fact I forgot the composer, I don't see a difference in the templates...does it really matter that much? I can convert it, but that would be another 3 hours wasted...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on July 13, 2015, 12:51:08 AM
  • Important: A common template will be offered and it is mandatory to use it in order for the sheet to be accepted. This will cut down any ambiguity between different sheets in terms of layout and stablish common sheet info for every single arrangement. Both Finale 2012 and Finale 2014 templates will be offered, but at least a .mus file is always required in case of using Finale 2014.

ThatGamer

With new template and some perks (thanks MP!) here it is.

DonValentino

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 19, 2015, 07:20:28 AMWow.....you made me happy today!
Sure!

EDIT: Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrmx1we60zfe9l1/Animal%20Crossing%20New%20Leaf%20-%20K.K%20Jongara.mus?dl=0

I guess I could've put 32s in the first place but I think they look weird. I guess I don't need to think that anymore :P

=b

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 19, 2015, 09:49:41 AMHere is K.K. Stroll:

K.K. Stroll
K.K. Stroll (Aircheck)

I'll continue and start working on the music box versions of all the K.K. songs I've done.

Very very nice tobbeh! Nice tunes btw =b

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 19, 2015, 12:19:46 PMWith new template and some perks (thanks MP!) here it is.

Lacks some articulations but good overall. =b

I'm glad to inform that this AP has reached the whopping amount of 46 arrangements already, both in queue and accepted!  Congratulations!

ThatGamer

So...nothing I need to change is what you are saying? It's accepted?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: DonValentino on August 19, 2015, 01:26:01 PMLacks some articulations but good overall. =b

This is what I would take a look at. I think in terms of notation and dynamics, you are set. (Except for maybe that sudden drop from mf to mp, you may want to decrescendo into that.) Articulation, on the other hand, is what I would look at. Remember, what I say below are opinions. You are not required to make these exact changes, but some change in articulation is necessary before Don accepts it.

• Firstly, I think those eighth notes in measures 1-4 and 13-16 should be staccato-ed quarter notes. I think it captures the sharp feel of those notes a little better.
  • One tiny notational thing. In your bass rhythm now, you have dotted quarter-eighth-quarter-quarter. I think that bass note cuts off a little earlier; you may want to try quarter-eighth rest-eighth-quarter-quarter. The notes are fine; it is the values I would change.
  • This song overall does not offer much in terms of articulation. I guess, if you were to do anything else, you could put an accent on the right hand chord in measure 5, but that's about all I can find. If someone else wants to comment on articulations, feel free to do so.

PS: Asking if something is accepted annoys people. Plus it doesn't get your songs accepted. If it were accepted, it would be green in the OP.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 19, 2015, 02:13:02 PMThis is what I would take a look at. I think in terms of notation and dynamics, you are set. (Except for maybe that sudden drop from mf to mp, you may want to decrescendo into that.) Articulation, on the other hand, is what I would look at. Remember, what I say below are opinions. You are not required to make these exact changes, but some change in articulation is necessary before Don accepts it.

• Firstly, I think those eighth notes in measures 1-4 and 13-16 should be staccato-ed quarter notes. I think it captures the sharp feel of those notes a little better.
  • One tiny notational thing. In your bass rhythm now, you have dotted quarter-eighth-quarter-quarter. I think that bass note cuts off a little earlier; you may want to try quarter-eighth rest-eighth-quarter-quarter. The notes are fine; it is the values I would change.
  • This song overall does not offer much in terms of articulation. I guess, if you were to do anything else, you could put an accent on the right hand chord in measure 5, but that's about all I can find. If someone else wants to comment on articulations, feel free to do so.

PS: Asking if something is accepted annoys people. Plus it doesn't get your songs accepted. If it were accepted, it would be green in the OP.

Okay, I'll change it!

Tobbeh99

Edited my Space K.K. I noticed that I had staccato 8ths tied to another 8th.

Here's the new version:
Space K.K.

I'm also finished with the music box versions, but I need to fix this thing on those too. \/

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 13, 2015, 09:45:56 AMI only need to fix the fine so that the notes after the fine are muted on the second repeat. I've Pm'd Bespinben and asked how he did that (in his arrangement of "Despair: Super Light") and I'll fix that when I know how.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

ThatGamer

Here is the updated .mus for KK Island (Aircheck)

-Added minor notation, like accents.

-Changed the bass beat.

-Turned measures 1-4 and 13-16's eighth notes into staccato quarter notes.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 19, 2015, 02:40:04 PMHere is the updated .mus for KK Island (Aircheck)

-Added minor notation, like accents.

-Changed the bass beat.

-Turned measures 1-4 and 13-16's eighth notes into staccato quarter notes.

Looks pretty good! I just did a couple very small touch ups that should finish this up.

-Removed second accent and instead placed one on chord in measure 11.
-Your bass beat had the rest and eighth note backwards. Fixed and applied it to whole song.
-Staccatos in measures 1-4 were hiding behind the notes. Made them visible.

Overall, nice job! This one is very close to, if not ready for submission, in my opinion. But I'm not an updater, so we'll let them make that call.

Oh yea, the file. Here.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ThatGamer

Great! So we will see if the mods like it!  ;D

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian