[WiiU] Splatoon - "DJ Octavio Phase 4 (Squid Sisters)" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, July 17, 2015, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

Updated.

Quote from: Bespinben on July 28, 2015, 09:08:54 PMI took the time to THOROUGHLY spot-check your transcription, but I had to stop after the first 8 measures. This is the correct transcription.
Review m. 33+ as well -- it's similarly afflicted.
How exactly is it afflicted? Are the notes wrong? Are the fingerings inconsistent? Is the formatting wrong? Is it all three?

Bespinben

Hey! Sorry for dropping the ball on this one.

While the following is a fairly liberal arrangement of the song, I think it might be useful to consider it for playability considerations (like fingerings), and perhaps even draw inspiration from the player's choices of accompaniment, texture, and chord voicings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7hMZ21F5Q
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

While I can certainly take care of fingerings/dynamics/articulation/etc., I'm a little bit concerned about the actual notes and as to whether or not they are accurate. Mainly because, I thought I had all the notes from measures 1-8 all figured out, until you came along and corrected me.

I'm usually more concerned about a piece being as accurate as possible with transcribing the music & notes exactly rather than worrying about extra frills or ornaments to the overall piece. While I would love to be able to do this, I don't think I'm advanced enough music theory-wise to recognize and implement that sort of thing.

(Though I do like the idea of playing octaves in the left hand; that'll be my first addition.)

Tobbeh99

I edited your sheet a bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Splatoon.zip

Among the things I did was:
formatting
made the arrangement fit on 2 pages
measure 12-13, put some notes an octave higher for the sake of playability.
26 and 30, rebeamed some notes to make it more clear that they are melody notes that are supposed to be played in the left hand.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

Bump

I'm really sorry guys, but I really want to get this one done. I don't even really care about Bubsy (thus why it's on the fourth page), just this one.

Bespinben

The tempo marker got un-capitalized. Fix that real quick ;) Also, if your version of Finale allows it, use Special Tools to move the half note of the LH in m. 7 beat 1 over to the right by a few clicks -- this way, the vertical stem doesn't collide with the whole notes in the other layer.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

I was able to update the tempo marking, but my version of Finale does not have a special tools option.  :(

Would someone be so kind as to fix the note in measure 7 for me?

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot