News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Maya's Arrangement Sheet's (REVISED)

Started by mayastarr041, July 09, 2015, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayastarr041

Huh, that does seem like a good tool, but the main problem for me is the key/time signature changes and some songs are just too complicated, like glissandos and all those fancybstuff. Who knew arranging songs were this painstaking? Heck, even A Tense Moment which to the ear is really easy, had to be edited by MLF to make it sound good. I mean, seriously. I envy all you good arrangers.
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Tobbeh99

Y, to answer some questions:
Some songs are deceptive, they seems really easy but are very hard. For example a song I arranged:
Simple Song
. It seems really easy but those harp chords took time...

A little tip: I started out with 8-bit songs for zelda games. And 8-bit songs and songs with lower sound quality are often way easier, rather than orchestral songs which often are hard. I also used to use midis for my early arrangements, which facilitates arranging greatly.

But with time you grow as an arranger and you learn and become better every day! And some day your arrangements might be just as good as those from the best arrangers on the site. :) 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mayastarr041

Thank you for your words, but at this rate I don't know where I'll go. I'm pretty sure there are no more 8 bit songs left as they already have been arranged, but hey, I guess I should stop wallowing in my self pity and start doing some shizz.

Tobbeh99

no 8-bit songs left. Not really.
I obviously don't want to make a big list about the games that still aren't arranged but some notables: castlevania(especially 3:draculas curse), ghost 'n goblins, Final fantasy, lot's of random games I don't know about etc.
I usually do games I played before and which soundtrack I like so Zelda: Oracles of Ages/Seasons was a natural starter for me. Even though there are already a lot of songs arranged for the game, there were still a lot of good songs left. And some songs might have old and bad arrangements and might need a replacement. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mayastarr041

Sebastian

I was worse than you, Maya, when I started 3 years ago and I'm a slow learner. It just takes practice :)