News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Unofficial Project

Started by Latios212, July 25, 2015, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Briefly online to give some feedback. (measure numbers not including pick-up measure)

- Yes, what you pointed out. Also, in m. 1 the D sharp should be E flat.
- In m. 3, the last eighth is higher, just like it is in m. 6.
- 2 to 3 and 4 to 5, sounds a little empty compared to the original, maybe you could add those notes just before ms. 3 and 5? In m. 2 I think they are just (F)-F#-G-(G#) in the second layer.
- The slur of the pickup is misplaced, check that again too.

And that's that for now :J
Oh yeah, and for whatever reason I couldn't open the .mus, it says invalid file or something like that, so this is relating to the musx in particular.

Also, BSP: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7278.msg300338#msg300338

SlowPokemon

Quote from: DonValentino on August 02, 2015, 11:32:08 AMBriefly online to give some feedback. (measure numbers not including pick-up measure)

- Yes, what you pointed out. Also, in m. 1 the D sharp should be E flat.
- In m. 3, the last eighth is higher, just like it is in m. 6.
- 2 to 3 and 4 to 5, sounds a little empty compared to the original, maybe you could add those notes just before ms. 3 and 5? In m. 2 I think they are just (F)-F#-G-(G#) in the second layer.
- The slur of the pickup is misplaced, check that again too.

And that's that for now :J
Oh yeah, and for whatever reason I couldn't open the .mus, it says invalid file or something like that, so this is relating to the musx in particular.

Also, BTS: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7278.msg300338#msg300338

Thanks! Will edit the arrangement when I get home.

I can't get that first slur to position right--is there any chance you could help or tell me how?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2015, 12:16:56 PMThanks! Will edit the arrangement when I get home.

I can't get that first slur to position right--is there any chance you could help or tell me how?

Hmm, can't you move it just dragging the edges of the slur? With the slur tool, click on the slur and some points should appear. Move them as you see it fits. As simple as that :J

SlowPokemon

Yep I'm aware of how to use the slur tool haha. It's just that this particular slur refuses to cooperate with me for some reason.

Altissimo

Vermilion City:
MIDI / MUS / PDF
I, uh, took some artistic liberties with this arrangement... that is to say, changed some octaves for both playability and musical effect, and had some fun with dynamics. (What it is in the original is that the upper line of the treble clef begins with the A above the staff and stays there for both repetitions of the melody, and the lower line begins with middle C(#) and stays there for both repetitions. But this ends up with the very first interval being an octave and a sixth, with the bass not being high enough to support temporary moving of the middle line to the left hand, so instead I just dropped the octave of the top line for the first repetition and bumped both it and the middle line up for the second repetition. I can put this back the way it "should" be, but honestly I really like the octave-jump musical effect, and it allows all lines to be played by a single pianist.)
Not quite sure if this should be a "con pedale" or just "legato" piece and there's no piano at this beach house for me to test which one sounds better.
Also, idk if "sfp mp" is the proper way to write a sforzando that goes into being mezzo piano. o.o

Latios212

Quote from: Altissimo on August 02, 2015, 02:48:04 PMVermilion City:
MIDI / MUS /
oh my this is beautiful

I'm terribly sorry for not having the time to get everything organized this past week. I should have some time tonight to look over, edit, and arrange some.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Hey, we all have lives. I'm at the damn beach! Don't worry about it :p

Also, question. Should we be submitting these in the next submission cycle, or are they going to go through a different submission process just by virtue of being part of an (albeit unofficial) arrangement project?

Latios212

Haha, gotcha ^.^

Quote from: Altissimo on August 02, 2015, 02:53:19 PMAlso, question. Should we be submitting these in the next submission cycle, or are they going to go through a different submission process just by virtue of being part of an (albeit unofficial) arrangement project?
Not quite sure yet. It'll definitely take a while to get everything through the submissions system but I'm not sure if we'll ever get the ball rolling enough to put everything in one giant update. Feel free to submit what you want for now while we start hoarding files in the dropbox folder!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Echo

Anything arranged for an unofficial project should be submitted normally. Olimar said so in that announcement about arrangement projects.

Latios212

Quote"An Unofficial Arrangement Project (UAP) may become an official project if the following qualities develop within it over time:
......."

But yeah, sure, can't hurt to submit now, since there's a ridiculous amount of sheets.

I guess the answer is yes. SUBMIT THESE BEAUTIES

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Nooo I have like 20 sheets, deciding the best order to submit is going to be difficult :(

SlowPokemon

Arrangement projects, even unofficial, are uploaded as one big update once they're finished.

Latios212

Well Olimar posted this thing recently, so not sure about that anymore.

In other news:
- Almost done with Route 26!
- Slow, are we working together on "Battle! (Team Rocket)"?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

But the thing you linked does say this:
QuoteAn unofficial project may be created and may exist in the Personal Arrangements board. An Unofficial Arrangement Project (UAP) may become an official project if the following qualities develop within it over time:
-Enough community interest and contribution is present.
-Significant quality throughout the material arranged should be shown.
-A substantial amount of material is arranged/collected.
-There must be no current projects in place at the time of the request.
So once the Animal Crossing arrangement project ends, this one may be able to take over. Might take a couple of months, though.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Latios212 on August 02, 2015, 08:25:03 PMWell Olimar posted this thing recently, so not sure about that anymore.

In other news:
- Almost done with Route 26!
- Slow, are we working together on "Battle! (Team Rocket)"?

Hmm well I really would like to give it a shot on my own, but I'm not opposed to working with you. I've never arranged battle music either (except this old arrangement of the Ruby & Sapphire Gym Leader music) and I was kind of looking to do more of it. However, working together with you would be a good warm up for some of the newer battle themes too! Sure, I don't mind.