News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Super Mario 64 Unofficial "Fixing Sheets" Project 👌

Started by Sebastian, July 28, 2015, 03:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on August 22, 2015, 05:47:52 PMSweet, I love SM64 as a choice for fixing. Smaller list to fix, more well-known, will be done faster 8)
👌

Ok, Don has finished "Ultimate Bowser", "Endless Stairs", & "Inside the Castle Walls."
I have "Metallic Mario", "Slider", & "Hazy Maze Cave"
I claim Haunted Merry Go Round.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 22, 2015, 05:48:38 PMAgreed, that's exactly what we were thinking when we chose it (or rather, when MLF chose it).
I suggested it.....we chose it :)

TheMarioPianist

I claim the following!

-Bob-Omb Battlefield
-Title
-Ending
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Awesome!
There are 2 things you have to remember:
1. You can only put your name on it if you redo it from scratch.
2. Don't forget to use the official names (they are in the link I have in the description).

Altissimo

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 22, 2015, 05:54:30 PMI claim the following!

-Bob-Omb Battlefield
-Title
-Ending

Don Valentino claimed to have a fixed/differently arranged version of the ending, in my thread. I would have taken the ending myself if I hadn't seen that - god that C# section at the end is all over the damn place. I'm not saying you can't do it obviously, just pointing this out for reference.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Altissimo on August 22, 2015, 06:23:29 PMDon Valentino claimed to have a fixed/differently arranged version of the ending, in my thread. I would have taken the ending myself if I hadn't seen that - god that C# section at the end is all over the damn place. I'm not saying you can't do it obviously, just pointing this out for reference.

Thanks for the warning! Probably will do something else instead!

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

More warnings: Best mark down what people have done already (ex. MLF's Slider, Don's Inside the Castle Walls) before people accidentally double claim
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on August 22, 2015, 06:35:01 PMMore warnings: Best mark down what people have done already (ex. MLF's Slider, Don's Inside the Castle Walls) before people accidentally double claim
I'll do that asap!

EDIT: Updated. I will get the links to the sheets up tomorrow. I also updated the title names to the official titles.

Sebastian

Merry-Go-Round (Challenge Replacement):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i47nhoj64blysps/Super%20Mario%2064%20-%20Merry-Go-Round.mus?dl=0

For future reference, please specify whether it's a Challenge Replacement or a Fix.

Slider (Challenge Replacement):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piq2f9uaogy94h1/Super%20Mario%2064%20-%20Slider.mus?dl=0

EDIT:
Correct Solution (Fix):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4zm7q29o5ajfly/Super%20Mario%2064%20-%20Correct%20Solution.mus?dl=0

Latios212

Finale-less for a few days so I'll look at the sheets later, but question:

The two songs labeled "DS" are from Super Mario 64 DS, right? As in they should belong in their own section?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on August 24, 2015, 07:34:11 PMFinale-less for a few days so I'll look at the sheets later, but question:

The two songs labeled "DS" are from Super Mario 64 DS, right? As in they should belong in their own section?

Well, um, yes, but all the other SM64DS songs are identical to the original. I'm not anyone in charge here, but I think it would be kind of unnecessary to have a section with only two songs, considering they make up such a small portion of the OST. Just my opinion.

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 24, 2015, 12:05:31 PMFor future reference, please specify whether it's a Challenge Replacement or a Fix.

The three songs I have claimed are Fixes. However, I also wanted to do a Challenge Replacement to the Medley. And with that, I have the freedom to put whatever songs I want from SM64 into the medley, as long as they are transcribed accurately, correct?

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Well if the tracks don't appear in SM64 (N64 version), then there's no reason for the sheets to appear in that section. :/

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on August 24, 2015, 08:00:34 PMWell if they don't appear in SM64 (N64 version), then there's no reason for them to appear in that section. :/

True, I understand that. So should the DS ones just go in a separate place on the site, or what? I have no idea what that Sort Splode whatever its called is for, but the rec room song is obviously a remixed version of World 1 in SMB3. Unfortunately, its probably different enough to be considered its own song.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on August 24, 2015, 07:34:11 PMThe two songs labeled "DS" are from Super Mario 64 DS, right? As in they should belong in their own section?
I guess they could go in their own section.....but there are only 2 extra songs in the DS version.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 24, 2015, 07:57:12 PMThe three songs I have claimed are Fixes. However, I also wanted to do a Challenge Replacement to the Medley. And with that, I have the freedom to put whatever songs I want from SM64 into the medley, as long as they are transcribed accurately, correct?
Yup. You can do whatever you want with the medley but don't forget to look at the note under "What should your sheet look like?"

Sebastian

Here is what is says about medleys in "What Should You Sheet Look Like?"
"Medleys:
Make sure you include the name of each individual song in the medley just above the Right Hand as it appears.
For medleys with songs from multiple games, include the game name in addition to the above as necessary."

Here is "Koopa Clear (Fix)":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2gkyxf13eahjpw/Super%20Mario%2064%20-%20Koopa%20Clear.mus?dl=0

And here is another note. If you fix a song and do very little (such as the url or a few notes etc.) don't put "Edited by you" on it. Like the one I fixed above and "Correct Solution". I fixed those and didn't put "Edited by mariolegofan" on them because I didn't do enough on them to warrant it.

JDMEK5

"Slider" should be just "Slide" in both instances where it appears.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26