Super Mario 64 Unofficial "Fixing Sheets" Project 👌

Started by Sebastian, July 28, 2015, 03:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

JDMEK5

Ugh right. I forgot about that in the OST but I hate that. It's just bad japanese localization but oh well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Then don't call it slider.
slider is a stupid name.

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on July 13, 2015, 12:51:08 AMRegarding track names, official soundtrack names will prevail over any other naming.

:/

TheMarioPianist

Just some proof that I am indeed doing something besides my story! ;D So far on this one, I've fixed the right hand up through the first repeating area. (Still gotta add some stuff that plays the second time only, but that's no big deal.) Have not touched the left hand at all. Right now, it plays indefinitely because I haven't set up the repeats properly yet. Don't worry, I will. But I think the way I have it now is much more efficient. Will hopefully have it completed tomorrow! I think this one calls for an edited, bc I will still have to do a lot with this...

[.musx] [.mus]
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Great! Can't wait to see it done :)

EDIT: I did a bunch more fixes

Sebastian

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Latios212

I'll tentatively take Dire, Dire Docks. (May need a some help later on, but I'll get started on it.)

Also mistake found, someone confirm: "Ending" on site. PDF leads to an old file of the song "Staff Roll" mislabeled as "Ending". MUS link leads to the correctly labeled arranger Nacho and title "Staff Roll" (probably a replacement of the PDF). We should take Nacho's MUS, convert the files, and post them all under "Staff Roll".
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

TheMarioPianist

Ok, finally, this is my pretty much complete version of SM64 Theme Song! Thanks holland_oates89 for teaching me how to do some pretty complicated stuff so that those small notes only play on passes 2 and 4! Definitely worth it! Enjoy!

[.mus] [.musx]
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Brawler4Ever

Very nice! The only thing that I can see is on measure 46. There's a glissando that doesn't lead to anywhere.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Sebastian

Sebastian

I did a little polishing on your Bob-omb Battlefield! Hope you don't mind.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n8z6zgjpdo2a7q/Super%20Mario%2064%20-%20Main%20Theme.musx?dl=0

- I made the formatting a little cleaner.
- Throughout the song, the bass was just a tad wrong. I fixed that and took out the second layer from measures 1-17. The second layers weren't needed because you were holding some notes longer they actually were (according to the original).
- I cleaned up some of the note lengths and rests. For example, measure 25, in the right hand, you had quarter - 8th rest - 8th. It looks better as 8th - 8th rest - 8th rest - 8th.
- In measures 22 & 23 (and others like it), I added a some notes which resemble the original more by putting octaves and the harmony note.
- Lastly, I fixed up some accidentals. I can't find Olimar's quote of accidental rules.....let me see if I can find it.....
Other than that stuff, you did a great job! I really like how far you've come in such a short time!