Super Mario 64 Unofficial "Fixing Sheets" Project 👌

Started by Sebastian, July 28, 2015, 03:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oasis

Hm, I think Im not understanding this well. So for this sheet, what I was thinking is that we just fix the link, composer name, etc.
Can I tamper and add/remove some notes?
"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"
Brawler4Ever

The answer to your question generally relies on the sheet in question. If it's needed, yes. If not, no.

In this particular case, the answer would be yes. As JDMEK5 pointed out, the second layer at measure 9 is overlapping the first layer. This looks bad. It's not your fault, since it was already overlapping to begin with.  If you want to edit any other part of the sheet (like the Key Sig or adding a part) that would be fine. :)

There's also a melody found in this video at 0:35 that doesn't exist in the sheet. If that can be incorporated, that would be awesome. But it might not be possible. Apparently PianoMasta7 didn't think so. :P

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 15, 2015, 03:30:41 PMWell, I did myself some Internet researching, and most people seem to agree that Lethal Lava Land is in free time. So that's just great...how do we even write that...just do 4/4 and cut our losses?

Might as well. :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Oasis

@Brawler: Thank you so very much for clarifying this!
TheMarioPianist

Oh, Oasis, btw. Transpose all your notes up into the key of E major. That's what it's supposed to be...? It could be E mixolydian too. I'll double check that.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Brawler4Ever

I would guess A Major. Not the best music theorist here, but I hear several D Naturals in the melody at 0:35. Lots of F#, G#, and C#'s though. Definitely not B Flat Major like in the original. From what I can tell, the first 3 notes are E3, B2, and E2. Not exactly the same key sig. :P

[EDIT] Free Style(ish), E Major

This can be used as a template. The actual time in my file is 63/4. That's the highest that I could get it to. In MuseScore, I am able to hide the Time Signature and barlines, but it comes back in Notepad. However, the entire song should fit into one or two measures, and the rest can be deleted. In case I am wrong, there's more than enough measures there anyway. Somebody with Finale will need to actually hide the Time Signature (and the barlines if it turns out to be more than one measure), but until then, that should be enough to get it started! :)

[EDIT 2] Actually, this won't work. the measure doesn't wrap around like I thought that it would; it all bunches up together. Still, it's there for testing in case somebody else wants to play around with it. I'll take a look at it when I get back from school.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 15, 2015, 03:14:52 PMWhat time signature is this thing? It does not sound like 4/4, sounds like something odd.
Personally I'd write it in Free Time. (No written time sig, just some dotted barlines occasionally to help divide it up a bit)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Oasis

Sebastian

TheMarioPianist

MLF and Latios, couple pointers for "Dire, Dire Docks" in case you haven't discovered these yet.

-Tempo is half note=68, time sig is cut time
-For some reason, my official Super Mario Series for Piano book lists the title as Water Land. I assumed Dire, Dire Docks was right, and you should probably stick with it since that is what your OST says.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

We never finished Dire Dire, Docks. We're still in the process of it.

TheMarioPianist

I know, just felt like posting the tempo since, well, my book has the official one. Idk why. Anyways, once I finish tidying up some formatting I'll post what I have for the Medley so far.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Well, Here's what I got for the Medley so far. Obviously, I'll end it with the Staff Roll. But I do have some questions for you guys.

-Are the songs that are in it so far good selections? Should any of those be removed/replaced?
-Should I include any other songs? What other songs should I include?
-How is the length of this thing? Should I shorten stuff up? Make stuff longer?
-Is my formatting ok? Mainly, my biggest concern here is font size/style for each individual song name.

Also, I'm using the old version of Dire, Dire Docks as a placeholder until the new one is done.

[.mus] [.musx]

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Wow.....that's one of the best medleys I've ever seen/heard :P

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 18, 2015, 09:14:42 PM-Are the songs that are in it so far good selections? Should any of those be removed/replaced?
Sounds great! I don't think anything needs removed.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 18, 2015, 09:14:42 PM-Should I include any other songs? What other songs should I include?
Staff Roll is the only other I'd add.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 18, 2015, 09:14:42 PM-How is the length of this thing? Should I shorten stuff up? Make stuff longer?
I think the length of them is perfect.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 18, 2015, 09:14:42 PM-Is my formatting ok? Mainly, my biggest concern here is font size/style for each individual song name.
I recommend the size of the titles be size 10.

Instead of putting Special Thanks to the Individual Arrangers, I'd put Compiled by TheMarioPianist and then put each of the arrangers name somewhere out of the way (maybe over each arrangement).

Tobbeh99

Mlf could you add my free time template in the OP so the one who claims it can easily find it.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 16, 2015, 10:26:40 AMHere, I made a Free Time Template, without barlines and time signature: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Free%20Time%20Template.zip
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh