Series: Metal Gear
Game: Metal Gear (MSX)
Console: PC
Title: Theme of Tara
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Arc of the Half-Moon

[attachment deleted by admin]

Arc of the Half-Moon

JEEEEEEEEE-ZUS, it's been a while. I am incredibly sorry that the original submission for this had to be deleted in my absence, but it has been months of absolute stupidity for me.

But now I'm back, and I've grown creatively. This submission doesn't mean much in that regard, because it's something I should have posted months ago, but I plan on staying for a while, and that means turning out more, better arrangements.

Anyway, here's the actual song for comparison:

Remember that the midi file is the best representation of how the arrangement is supposed to sound.
My Favorite Song:
Spoiler
YES - "Close to the Edge"
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/yesofficial/yes-close-to-the-edge[/soundcloud]
[close]

My Favorite Game:
Spoiler
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
[close]

Bespinben

Good arrangement. Thanks for fixing it since last time.

*In measure 30-37, the accidental spellings are iffy. It's a chromatic section, yes, but even so, you shouldn't be having F# and Fb playing at the same time. Just think of the F#'s as Gbs from the neopolitan of F minor, and the Fb's as E naturals from the harmonic minor.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Arc of the Half-Moon

Okay, so I think I've got three possible fixes here. I can't be too careful, because I still have a lot to learn about music theory terminology.

Anyway, which of these looks best to you?:

My Favorite Song:
Spoiler
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/yesofficial/yes-close-to-the-edge[/soundcloud]
[close]

My Favorite Game:
Spoiler
[close]

Bespinben

The first one is best. The Db against E natural shouldn't feel strange at all because it's the 6th and raised 7th of the F harmonic minor scale juxtaposed against eachother.

Arc of the Half-Moon

Okay. The new version is up. Honestly, I'm really hoping this can be declared finished soon. It's taken such a long time, and the Metal Gear series page desperately needs more signature songs like this one.
My Favorite Song:
Spoiler
[close]

My Favorite Game:
Spoiler
[close]

Bespinben

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot