News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Any archers here?

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, August 11, 2015, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I've been getting into it a bit, and just got paid for a piano gig I did.
I'm looking into potentially getting a new bow, or at the very least a better string (mine has a draw weight of like 20 pounds, lol).
Also looking into getting a pistol crossbow.
Any recommendations?
what is shitpost

mikey

I haven't used a bow for quite some time but it's something I'd always been vaguely interested in

part of the problem is when I was a kid my bow was right handed and I'm left eye dominant so my aim was always off
unmotivated

Maelstrom

My dad is sort of one. He had a cheap pistol crossbow for attempting to shoot rabbits in our backyard despite the fact we live in town. Worked pretty well. And he has a normal crossbow as well. It's more like shooting a gun with less knockback and noise than shooting an actual bow.

Jamaha

Okay, that was actually the only time I've tried archery. A couple of days ago I was thinking of starting archery properly. Probably later in the year when they move back to the indoor range that's closer than their outdoor range during the summer.

Assuming that I stop being so damn tired all the time, though.

ZeldaFan

I've dabbled in it the last couple years. My bf bought me a recurve bow from Cabela's
Spoiler
[close]
with (I think) 45 lb draw weight. I'm not very good to be sure, I definitely need more practice.

If I were you, I'd definitely get a higher draw weight. It will give you more power with each draw.
(45 lb is pretty high though, it is kind of hard for me to draw that back.)

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I actually was just offered a hunting bow for fairly cheap ($50), looks great and it's a takedown bow, which is always a plus.
what is shitpost

ThatGamer

When I saw the name of the topic I thought you were referring to fans of the tv show Archer. My bad lol.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Ruto

Quote from: ZeldaFan on August 11, 2015, 03:22:49 PMI've dabbled in it the last couple years. My bf bought me a recurve bow from Cabela's
Spoiler
[close]
with (I think) 45 lb draw weight. I'm not very good to be sure, I definitely need more practice.

If I were you, I'd definitely get a higher draw weight. It will give you more power with each draw.
(45 lb is pretty high though, it is kind of hard for me to draw that back.)

45 lb? D: I guess I can't be serious with archery D:

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ThatGamer

On the topic of REAL archery now, I tried arching as a little kid and shot my dad in the foot. So not trying it again.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"