Mlf needs help starting a youtube channel

Started by Sebastian, August 19, 2015, 10:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

The title says it all!
Unfortunetly, all I know about computers is programming stuff.....that's it XD

Some questions I need answered:
1. I am planning on starting a Youtube channels where I'll (for now) be doing only music related things and I'd like to have an exclusive profile picture. Is there any programs that someone can recommend me for making custom pics?

2. How do I edit stuff into videos (here is one for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8klSPt3fE)?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future, but let's start with these :P

Thanks to everyone for the help in advance!

blueflower999

There might be some talented artists on this forum (or somewhere else) that you could ask to make you a custom profile picture. Or perhaps you really want to make it yourself, in which case using some artistic studio programs would probably work. Maybe even Photoshop depending on what you want it to be.

I have no idea how you want to edit videos, though. Depending on what you want to record there are plenty of video-editing studios on the internet that you can get, although most of the best ones you need to pay for if you want them legally. However, the program Audacity is free and great for recording audio to sync up with video. I've used it in the past and it's pretty great.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

Photoshop is a good program for making custom logos, if you can afford it.

And to edit stuff into a video, (assuming you meant the intro part), you can use any iPhone video editor, assuming you have an iPhone...

EDIT: ninja'd
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

TheMarioPianist

In my video above, I just used Windows Movie Maker, which is one of the simplest ones out there. You'd have to be a little more detailed on how complex and how professional you want your videos to look, but for a simple one like the video above, Windows Movie Maker is fine. (Assuming you have a Windows computer :P)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

blueflower999

If you want a free video editing program and you have a Windows PC, you can always use Windows Movie Maker.

I'm sure Mac/Apple computers have a similar program but I don't know what it's called.

Ninja'd. Dang it MarioPianist.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 19, 2015, 10:26:15 AMI'm sure Mac/Apple computers have a similar program but I don't know what it's called.

Imovie
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

MaestroUGC

Considering I'm running two YT channels at the moment, I'd be willing to help you figure out some of this stuff.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ThatGamer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 10:49:23 AMConsidering I'm running two YT channels at the moment, I'd be willing to help you figure out some of this stuff.

I'm actually running four, all of which are titled the same username.

Sebastian

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 19, 2015, 10:22:54 AMI have no idea how you want to edit videos, though. Depending on what you want to record there are plenty of video-editing studios on the internet that you can get, although most of the best ones you need to pay for if you want them legally. However, the program Audacity is free and great for recording audio to sync up with video. I've used it in the past and it's pretty great.
Thank you! I'll check it out.

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 19, 2015, 10:22:54 AMThere might be some talented artists on this forum (or somewhere else) that you could ask to make you a custom profile picture. Or perhaps you really want to make it yourself, in which case using some artistic studio programs would probably work. Maybe even Photoshop depending on what you want it to be.
I do agree there are a lot of talented people who could do it and anyone that could help me or make me one would be great! I'm willing to pay :)

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 10:49:23 AMConsidering I'm running two YT channels at the moment, I'd be willing to help you figure out some of this stuff.
Whoa nice. I would love your help.

Thanks everyone!

Another question: How do you change your username?

blueflower999

Your YouTube user name is, I believe, equivalent to your Google ID, which is also used for Google + and things like that. Try fiddling around in the settings and you should be able to change it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

I think once you make a username you can't change it. Like here on NSM for example.

Dudeman

I have a Youtube channel, and my Youtube username is different from my Google+ account. I think if you click on your avatar in the top-right corner on Youtube, there's a settings button to set up a separate Youtube profile unaffiliated with your Google+ profile. I think.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 19, 2015, 11:21:36 AMI think once you make a username you can't change it. Like here on NSM for example.
Nope. I researched it further.

Since I have some big plans, I will probably need an Editor. Is anyone interested? I'm willing to pay.

ThatGamer

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 19, 2015, 11:28:30 AMNope. I researched it further.

Since I have some big plans, I will probably need an Editor. Is anyone interested? I'm willing to pay.

Willing to pay? Lol.

What do you need edited? I can probably do it (for free  ;D), depending on what it is.

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 19, 2015, 11:30:34 AMWhat do you need edited? I can probably do it (for free  ;D), depending on what it is.
No offense, but I'm looking for someone with experience and can do some pretty neat stuff.