News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[GBC] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Vermilion City" by Altissimo

Started by Zeta, August 21, 2015, 08:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Vermilion City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

I was using an older revision of the file to create the ones linked in the post... but as far as I can tell I cleaned up all the overlapping and everything on my own? I think??

Bespinben

Good arrangement.

Instead of writing sf immediately followed by p then an mp, use a sforzando (sfz<mp). It'll be a lot cleaner.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on September 02, 2015, 07:02:33 PMGood arrangement.

Instead of writing sf immediately followed by p then an mp, use a sforzando (sfz<mp). It'll be a lot cleaner.

Fixed this and one other thing (combining voices moving with the same rhythm).

mikey

Quote from: Bespinben on September 02, 2015, 07:02:33 PMGood arrangement.

I always wondered why there was an "s" in fortzando.
now I know
unmotivated

Altissimo

This has got to be pretty close to acceptance. I've looked at it in detail with Latios and I fixed the only thing Bespinben mentioned.

Tobbeh99

Just a thing about the pedal. I doesn't sounds so pleasing having a long pedal over the entire song. Nothing you have to change in this arrangement, but something to keep in mind till next time. It's better to have it say "con ped" but let Finale play it without pedal, it sounds better. Or if you have a higher Finale program use the "ped" and "*" symbols (or any other kind of pedal symbols).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 28, 2015, 05:25:32 AMJust a thing about the pedal. I doesn't sounds so pleasing having a long pedal over the entire song. Nothing you have to change in this arrangement, but something to keep in mind till next time. It's better to have it say "con ped" but let Finale play it without pedal, it sounds better. Or if you have a higher Finale program use the "ped" and "*" symbols (or any other kind of pedal symbols).

I don't have a higher Finale program. I use Musescore which does have the option for measure-long pedals (the ideal way of writing it) but I think "con pedale" works well enough as a marking, so then the playback gets distorted as a result. I guess I could have the MIDI playback be from a file with measure-by-measure pedaling and then have the actual written music be just "con pedale". Do you think that would be a fair way to do it?

Olimar12345

Something is up with your pfd file, I think. I can't view it :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!