Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: World 3
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Latios212

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 22, 2015, 09:28:02 AMAlso, the real name is, "World Map 3."
Source? And does that mean we'll have to change the titles for the other maps too?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/super-mario-galaxy-2
It says World 3 Map but World Map 3 sounds much better imo.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 22, 2015, 09:44:55 AMAnd does that mean we'll have to change the titles for the other maps too?
Doubt it.....idk

Sebastian

Got that fixed, Latios. I actually found out on Mario Wikipedia that the official name is "World 3".
I updated the OP files.
Anything else?

holland_oates89

Hey this is great! Kudos on the cautionary accidentals and dynamics usage too!

This is a matter of personal preference, but I think 3.5 EVPUs is a little too thick for modern music. Granted, I also think that Finale's default thin line value of 1.035096730459270495874230592384 or whatever it is is too thin as well. Personally, I like to stick around 3 EVPUs. This translates to about 0.75pt, which is about how thick some etched engraver plates from publishers in the 1940's were, so it's pretty accurate as well. Keep in mind that if you change one line thickness, you need to change them all, so make sure that staff lines, barlines, stems, enclosure lines, crescendo lines and word extensions are all treated appropriately. Sometimes barlines can be a little thicker (I think I generally do use about 3.5 EVPUs there), but overall consistency is the name of the game.

To that end, you'll also want to make sure that your slur and tie tips are at this same minimum thickness of 3 EVPUs. This is another step to help ensure the 'illusion' that your score was actually engraved with metal plates - they weren't able to taper off to 0 in the way Finale's default slurs do.

The cross staff notation in measure 10 looks really clean but it is difficult for players to know which hands to use. I'd recommend splitting the portion of the arpeggio into layer two once it gets up to the right hand. The cross-staff beam can be left in layer 1 since it's tied to layer 1 of the left hand, but the beam needs to be in the center of both staves, not under the notes with a REALLY long stave going to the right hand. You can accomplish this using the Special Tools Palette, with the Reverse Stem tool and the Beam Angle tool - use them in that order to flip the stem so that the bottom note has the stem on the correct side, then use the Beam Angle tool to move the stem into place!

Still, unlike my ex-wife this score looks good and is nice to listen to! Great job dude!
I work for MakeMusic! Please do ask me for help with Finale! Please don't ask me for special discounts, secret information, or bug fixes.

Disclaimer: The views expressed from me are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer!

holland_oates89

ANNNNNNNNNNND I just looked at the score info and saw you might be using PrintMusic. If you are, ignore everything I wrote and don't change it at all.
I work for MakeMusic! Please do ask me for help with Finale! Please don't ask me for special discounts, secret information, or bug fixes.

Disclaimer: The views expressed from me are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer!

Sebastian

Thanks for the feedback! I'll get this fixed when I get on my computer tomorrow.

Sebastian

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 28, 2015, 10:23:29 PMI'll get this fixed when I get on my computer tomorrow.

Doesn't look like you ever fixed these things, since the files haven't been updated :c
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Sebastian

Quote from: holland_oates89 on August 28, 2015, 10:12:23 PMThis is a matter of personal preference, but I think 3.5 EVPUs is a little too thick for modern music. Granted, I also think that Finale's default thin line value of 1.035096730459270495874230592384 or whatever it is is too thin as well. Personally, I like to stick around 3 EVPUs. This translates to about 0.75pt, which is about how thick some etched engraver plates from publishers in the 1940's were, so it's pretty accurate as well. Keep in mind that if you change one line thickness, you need to change them all, so make sure that staff lines, barlines, stems, enclosure lines, crescendo lines and word extensions are all treated appropriately. Sometimes barlines can be a little thicker (I think I generally do use about 3.5 EVPUs there), but overall consistency is the name of the game.

To that end, you'll also want to make sure that your slur and tie tips are at this same minimum thickness of 3 EVPUs. This is another step to help ensure the 'illusion' that your score was actually engraved with metal plates - they weren't able to taper off to 0 in the way Finale's default slurs do.
I think I'll keep it how it is if you don't mind :P

Quote from: holland_oates89 on August 28, 2015, 10:12:23 PMThe cross staff notation in measure 10 looks really clean but it is difficult for players to know which hands to use. I'd recommend splitting the portion of the arpeggio into layer two once it gets up to the right hand. The cross-staff beam can be left in layer 1 since it's tied to layer 1 of the left hand, but the beam needs to be in the center of both staves, not under the notes with a REALLY long stave going to the right hand. You can accomplish this using the Special Tools Palette, with the Reverse Stem tool and the Beam Angle tool - use them in that order to flip the stem so that the bottom note has the stem on the correct side, then use the Beam Angle tool to move the stem into place!
Thanks! I should of seen this on my own lol.
Fixed!

Acceptance?

Olimar12345

-add a quarter note B in the LH in beat 6 of measure 4, like the one before it.
-fix the stem of the second of the two cross-staved eighth notes in measure ten. It should be to the left of the note head.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian