[WIIU] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - Multiple Songs

Started by LifeMushroom, August 23, 2015, 06:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LifeMushroom

ThatGamer

Not sure if we are supposed to do medleys...but if we are, I'd love the Mega Man 2 Medley!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Tobbeh99

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 24, 2015, 02:24:53 PMNot sure if we are supposed to do medleys...but if we are, I'd love the Mega Man 2 Medley!

First of all, yes you can do medleys, but they have certain requirements. Such as having an general theme, not just a bunch of songs piled together into one sheet.
Secondly, this isn't really a medley since the song itself is a medley, so it's perfectly fine. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 24, 2015, 02:50:17 PMFirst of all, yes you can do medleys, but they have certain requirements. Such as having an general theme, not just a bunch of songs piled together into one sheet.
Secondly, this isn't really a medley since the song itself is a medley, so it's perfectly fine.

I know this is a little off topic here, but since you mentioned this, I'll bring this up again. I know you can do a medley of songs from one game, and that makes sense. The game is the general theme. Here's my question. If I were to do an official arrangement of this, (of course, I would arrange the songs more accurately, rather than including my modifications) could it still get accepted onto the site? I just got the feeling that since the songs were from different games, it wouldn't be able to be put on site (what would it get listed under?). However, what you said seems to suggest that as long as the songs have a general theme, they can be submitted as a medley. The song in question, my YouTube performance, has a specific theme (Rainbow Road). Could an arrangement of this be accepted, or are the songs required to be from the same game? Or is there another rule that was not mentioned?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player