Main Menu

Personal Arrangement Threads

Started by Latios212, August 28, 2015, 09:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Alright- let's be friends, Yoom-tah!
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Maybe after we'd done with the current projects (Pokémon R/B/Y, Banjo, and sooner Animal Crossing) we'd also get more time with submissions too, which might get arrangements more attention. But with both arrangement threads and submission being somewhat dead the site to me has felt very dull sadly.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Pokemon has only 2 songs left, Animal Crossing is almost done, and Banjo just need about 20 songs looked over.

FireArrow

I think the issue is we have a lot of new and very active arrangers that don't feel confident enough to give feedback (or whatever their reason may be) whilst a lot of our veteran arrangers are much less active/left/are updators now. Basically there's twice the amount of arrangements to look through with half the amount of people interested in looking through all them. I've personally given up on the personal arrangement board because posting my arrangements there is pointless, and the submissions board has everything neatly laid out if I wanna give people feedback. I don't really know if there is a solution to bring it back to life.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

we could turn the submissions into the personal arrangement threads, like, what if when you submitted a sheet, Zeta's post also appeared in the personal arrangement thread?  The actual submissions thread would stay limited to Zeta posts and feedback would be kept in the submission threads.  Is it viable to program Zeta to do this or is there another way to do it?
unmotivated

braix

I know I said that I'll be active in checking out those threads, but I haven't been able to use my computer until today
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 12, 2015, 07:54:07 PMwe could turn the submissions into the personal arrangement threads, like, what if when you submitted a sheet, Zeta's post also appeared in the personal arrangement thread?  The actual submissions thread would stay limited to Zeta posts and feedback would be kept in the submission threads.  Is it viable to program Zeta to do this or is there another way to do it?

Not everyone wants all their arrangements on site.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on September 12, 2015, 08:26:04 PMNot everyone wants all their arrangements on site.
Maybe you don't understand what I mean.  If someone submits an arrangement, Zeta creates a thread as he now does, but that thread wouldn't be posted in.  Instead, Zeta posts in the personal arrangement thread as well, and people comment on the arrangement in the thread.  If someone doesn't submit an arrangement, it ends up in the arrangement thread anyway, correct?  So people would still comment on it as that's where all the feedback/discussion would go.
unmotivated

Maelstrom

What's wrong with the way it is. The reason only Zeta posts in the Submissions forum is for consistency. We don't need that in the PA threads.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

About submissions; could we get a little more communication so that we actually know that the sheet is being reviewed or not?
I felt bad about this after DonValentino had to chew me out, lol.
Usually for me it goes something like this.
*Submits sheet, gets feedback etc etc, makes it ready to go*
*Crickets*
*Bump*
*Sarcastic dialogue w/Latios* (okay that was only for the one)
*Updaters get irritated*
Some communication would make the whole process easier. Zeta could even be employed to have this done.
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Brawler4Ever

In the last three days, there have been 11 accepted sheets, as well as feedback given to numerous other submissions.

Can we please stop complaining about this?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm not complaining about lack of submission work, I'm complaining about lack of submission COMMUNICATION. Big difference.
Often times work could be in progress on a sheet but there's no way of knowing so people (such as myself) get frustrated.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Here's your answer: if the updaters haven't said anything, they haven't looked at it yet.

EDIT: with, of course, the exception of the time it takes to make a post.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

I didn't know where to post this, but Deku has some great arrangements on his page still. Could we get some of those submitted/on site?
There are 2 in particular: The Story Begins (replacement) from Super Mario Galaxy & Koopa Cape (replacement) from Mario Kart Wii.