News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[PC] Runescape - "Arabian" by Pianist Da Sootopolis

Started by Zeta, August 29, 2015, 12:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Runescape
Console: PC
Title: Arabian
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Pianist Da Sootopolis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Aaaaaaa Runescape was my life! Shweet.
(A decade ago)

Something I notice consistently recurring in your sheets is that you always have the staff sizes inordinately large. Play around with Re-size Tool some. You can change the entire page size by clicking a blank space, just do staff size by clicking the staff, or (my favorite) minimizing individual note-heads for ornamental passages (by clicking on noteheads).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I have played around with a bit for staves, not for noteheads.
The main reason behind it is that I find that a lot of the sheets on NSM are small and hard to read.
Might just be me though, so I'll play around with it a little more and see if I can find a happy medium.
EDIT: Updated the musx, it's at 95% right now. I played around a bit with different percentages, this one looked the best to me. Anything smaller than 90% seemed really hard to read, but 90% left an awkward gap at the bottom of the page that's just too small to fit another system in while leaving space for copyright, but big enough to be pretty noticeable.
what is shitpost

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Formatting errors aside, I found these errors:

-The repeat at the end is ambiguous, since you use a first and second ending system at the beginning. I suggest replacing it with a D.C. mark instead.
-The dynamics in the second half (starting at mm.22) I found to be completely absent from the original, so I suggest removing them.
-There are many places in this piece where you can strengthen the style with the use of articulation markings and slurs, especially in mm. 6-21.
-The LH E's in the bass from measures 22-End are weirdly in the incorrect spots, and should be flipped with the rests (i.e. wherever there is a rest, there should be a note and vice versa)
-The RH part in the section above is a bit ambiguous, and I'd suggest rewriting it in two layers.
-Measures 7, 11, 15, and 19 are all missing a note in the same place (the up-beat of three)

Check out this version, which I have made with the above changes:

[MUS] [PDF]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Many thanks for this. I'll take a look at it tomorrow, or perhaps the day after, since midterms are coming up and all.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Checked out the PDF just now before I go to bed, and it looks great.
Updating the OP now.
If you guys need to me to add the other updated files let me know.
Cheers!
what is shitpost

Bespinben

The MUSX, MIDI, and PDF all are still the old version. Open up the new MUS file and create the other files from that version.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on October 13, 2015, 05:42:05 PMThe MUSX, MIDI, and PDF all are still the old version. Open up the new MUS file and create the other files from that version.
[.musx] [.mid] [.pdf]

Poof!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot