News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

All Time Signature Templates for Notepad Users

Started by TheMarioPianist, September 28, 2015, 07:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

There has been some discussion recently regarding the template. Namely, Notepad users cannot open the .ftm file format, nor are they able to adjust the time signature. Therefore, I have created a Dropbox folder with multiple different time signature combinations that should cover almost any scenario. The list will be below; let me know if I should add more. Also, I think this one could probably use a sticky.

Note: Notepad users are able to change the key signature; make sure you change it before you begin inputting notes, otherwise they will be transposed. Also, if your song changes keys or time signatures, you can request a file with the appropriate changes here.

Folder of Time Signature Templates

Current Folder Includes:

-2/4
-3/4
-4/4
-Common time (4/4)
-4/4 (with Swing)
-5/4
-6/4
-2/2
-Cut time (2/2)
-2/2 (with Swing)
-3/8
-6/8
-9/8
-12/8

Now, if you've got your time signature down, but you need a proper tempo marking for said time signature, check out this thread! Thanks to Th3Gavst3r for providing additional help for Notepad users!

Olimar12345: Editing the OP to include this post:

I've upgraded this thread so that solo piano template files include all of the tempo markings from Th3Gavst3r's thread. I also threw in the following useful expressions:

-con pedale
-senza pedale
-Swing 8s
-Jazz 8s
-Straight 8s
-Swing 16s
-Straight 16s

Additionally, I have created these templates for both types of piano duet: four hands and two pianos.

[Folder of Time Signature Templates No. 2 (Solo Piano)] [Direct Download ALL as .Zip]
[Folder of Time Signature Templates No. 2 (Four Hands)] [Direct Download ALL as .Zip]
[Folder of Time Signature Templates No. 2 (Two Pianos)] [Direct Download ALL as .Zip]

All folders include the following time signature templates:

-2/4
-3/4
-4/4
-Common time (4/4)
-4/4 (with Swing)
-5/4
-6/4
-2/2
-Cut time (2/2)
-Cut time (2/2) (with Swing)
-3/8
-6/8
-9/8
-12/8

ALSO, if you have already started arranging and need to add a tempo mark to your already-created file, you can load [this library] to your file via the File menu and it will add all 900 of Th3Gavst3r's tempo markings to your file.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: DonValentino on September 29, 2015, 01:29:56 AMMaybe this could be here? http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?board=5.0
Absolutely. I wasn't 100% sure where to put it. I just put it here because it is closer to the original template file. But if you think that's the better place, you can move it.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

DonValentino

Can't, not a mod after all lol

I'll tell Olimar tho

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

FugalOmen

Are there Piano Four Hands versions of these templates anywhere?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FugalOmen

Olimar12345

I've upgraded this thread so that solo piano template files include all of the tempo markings from Th3Gavst3r's thread. I also threw in the following useful expressions:

-con pedale
-senza pedale
-Swing 8s
-Jazz 8s
-Straight 8s
-Swing 16s
-Straight 16s

Additionally, I have created these templates for both types of piano duet: four hands and two pianos.

[Folder of Time Signature Templates No. 2 (Solo Piano)] [Direct Download ALL as .Zip]
[Folder of Time Signature Templates No. 2 (Four Hands)] [Direct Download ALL as .Zip]
[Folder of Time Signature Templates No. 2 (Two Pianos)] [Direct Download ALL as .Zip]

All folders include the following time signature templates:

-2/4
-3/4
-4/4
-Common time (4/4)
-4/4 (with Swing)
-5/4
-6/4
-2/2
-Cut time (2/2)
-Cut time (2/2) (with Swing)
-3/8
-6/8
-9/8
-12/8

ALSO, if you have already started arranging and need to add a tempo mark to your already-created file, you can load [this library] to your file via the File menu and it will add all 900 of Th3Gavst3r's tempo markings to your file.

Splatoon Inkling

Thanks so much! I could not figure out how to change it to 4/4 swing before, this really helps! I'm new to arranging, and finale so I hope this turns out good. I'm arranging this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOPdyowRYf8