Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Work It!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

DonValentino

Well, umm, tbh the formatting is truly daunting, no wonder this hasn't received feedback earlier ^^; It's tons of stuff to improve, let alone, the song is really long... Well, here you go some feedback to start:

- I believe the track name in game is a little more interesting than "Title Theme", yes? Isn't "Work It!" such a beautiful and fitting name for such a great title song, yes yes?

- Key signature is C major (C Mixolydian).

- Again, formatting is... terrible, sorry. Are you using a non-Finale program?

- Notation is also a mess... While I can't say it's inaccurate the layer work could be better.

Unfortunately, I think I speak for all of us updaters when I say we're sorry for situations like these, but honestly, we don't really have enough time to go in depth as often as we'd like.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: DonValentino on November 11, 2015, 01:25:52 PM- I believe the track name in game is a little more interesting than "Title Theme", yes? Isn't "Work It!" such a beautiful and fitting name for such a great title song, yes yes?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but could we get a source check on that?
Quote from: DonValentino on November 11, 2015, 01:25:52 PM- Key signature is C major (C Mixolydian).
(-_-)
Quote from: DonValentino on November 11, 2015, 01:25:52 PM- Again, formatting is... terrible, sorry. Are you using a non-Finale program?
- Notation is also a mess... While I can't say it's inaccurate the layer work could be better.
This was made in Musescore and then transferred over to Finale. Unfortunately, this is also one of my earlier arrangements as well, so I'm really not surprised it's a giant mess. I would love to be able to go over it again and fix a bunch of stuff.
Quote from: DonValentino on November 11, 2015, 01:25:52 PMUnfortunately, I think I speak for all of us updaters when I say we're sorry for situations like these, but honestly, we don't really have enough time to go in depth as often as we'd like.
It's fine, I understand. I always have other shorter arrangements I could submit if you think this is too daunting for you guys at the moment.
Quote from: Latios212 on November 11, 2015, 01:28:41 PM*winks loudly*
instructions unclear, music stuck in a washing machine

DonValentino

Well don't worry about formatting for the time being, we'll get to that later.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 11, 2015, 01:58:23 PMI'm not saying you're wrong, but could we get a source check on that?

First of all, two youtube videos exist with that track name, which confirms the possible existence of it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M08YYMDmDpc, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDV6tz42oo). If there's no official tracklist, any of the commonly used names are valid by general rule. imo it's really advisable to use something more particular rather than a dull and generic "Title Theme".

Then, hmm, how could I explain this... Well, I get my game soundtracks from a place. The guy who does them rips the audio files directly from the games. Due to the huge amount of work that is, he doesn't tag them in any way (he said it himself), so if there's already a name in the original game file, it remains, if not, it looks something like "STRM_BGM_BOSS_BATTLE_3_NORMAL4.mp3" (Gooper Blooper Battle part 4 from PM:SS) or "08_Track 08 - Game & Watch Gallery 4" (taking the example for another GBA game).

With his Wario Land 4 rip, he did what he normally does, but luckily the audio files to have proper names to them, so they could be considered "official" in some way. And the title theme is titled as "Work It!". I could add a screenshot of said rip's folder, but wouldn't really add anything significant to what I already wrote.

When you think of it, how could those two youtube users upload a song with such a concrete name if it was just made up? And it matches the one of the rip, so I'd go with that one.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: DonValentino on November 11, 2015, 02:46:43 PMWell don't worry about formatting for the time being, we'll get to that later.
A'ight.

Quote from: DonValentino on November 11, 2015, 02:46:43 PM*VERY LONG EXPLANATION TAKES UP A LOT OF SPACE GEEZ DON THAT'S WAY MORE THAN NECESSARY FOR A SONG NAME*
Okay. I had checked the Mario wiki, as well as a few youtube videos, and I couldn't get much more than "Title Theme." I guess I may as well change the name. I'll get on that...

DonValentino

FireArrow

There is some merit in using "Title" as the name, since people are much more likely to recognize it when looking for the song they want.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 11, 2015, 01:58:23 PM(-_-)

What's with this remark? He's right. Being rude to updaters isn't going to get this accepted any faster.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yug_Guy

I've cleaned up the sheet to make it easier to read/better. My changes include:
  • Changing the title to "Work It!" (Thanks, Don!)
  • Changed the key signature to C Major
  • Fixing the layout between the two layers
  • Flipping stems so they (mostly) line up with each other
  • Moving rests to accommodate the melodies they follow
  • Played around with the dynamics
  • Edited it so that "To Coda" is now visible  :P
  • Completely changed m. 28 and 54
  • Probably other things I can't think of right now
Geez, this sheet was a mess...

Quote from: FireArrow on November 12, 2015, 04:01:29 PMWhat's with this remark? He's right. Being rude to updaters isn't going to get this accepted any faster.
Sorry, I didn't intend to come off as rude. I do respect the updaters, mostly because they know more about this stuff than I do.

Yug_Guy

Latios212

Serious question though. Why don't you ask for formatting help like I suggested instead of waiting for someone to come along and do it for you?

Quote from: Latios212 on November 11, 2015, 01:28:41 PM*winks loudly*
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle