News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Zeila on November 22, 2015, 06:28:21 PMI can hear the rests. If you really can't tell, you could try placing a staccato on the notes followed by a rest. Since the two sections only differ slightly, what you could do is add the background synths (which are present in both parts) to the second part to give it more flavor

If it's not in the arrangement there should be a repeat sign. If you ever decide you want to make a few changes (namely dynamics) you can still put a repeat and just put it in the correct format. By the way, the key signature is actually B minor (or D major, idk)

You missed some harmonies from m55-end, although some of them may be hard to play, and others are 10th intervals so you can leave some out or put them up an octave. I also put m64 down an octave. The bass part in the last two measures are kind of hard to hear (for me anyways), so you could put it in another layer (in case you don't want to put the entire left hand into another channel and redo dynamics) and channel then change the dynamics. It might make more sense to lower the dynamics for the 1st staff, but it's your choice.

On another note, I'd like to claim 4 more songs:
030 - Undyne
041 - Chill
056 - Confession
083 - Here We Are

I can hear the harmonies some of the notes but I don't hear the ones on the others, since the harmony part (at least, the one I'm hearing), is a separate voice playing the chords: E G B, E A C#, E B D, E A C#. Not sure where you're getting the high F# and E from.

I think you transcribed the other voice, not the bass, into the left hand. I'm fairly certain the bass is only playing one note at a time.

Also, the key is in E Dorian, not B minor.

I'll keep working on this and polishing it throughout the week, though likely not as much as I did this weekend. And that bass part in the second-to-last measure is still... ugh. I can't tell what it is. Can anyone else?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeila

Whoops, I'm not very good at evaluating key signatures <_<

As for the high F# and E, that's just what I heard I guess, but I could be wrong. It's always best to have multiple opinions anyways. For the penultimate measure, I honestly can't hear another part other than what's already written. Are you talking about the notes on the bottom? Also, on the 2nd off beat, there should actually be a low E there if you decide to keep it

Yugi

Zeila

Feedback for 072 - Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans

Solid arrangement! However, some harmonies were missing throughout the whole song. I tried adding them in, but some of them sound a bit iffy so you should double check it. Also, next time you should slur the grace notes

Enaryok

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 22, 2015, 01:48:27 PMThe 3rd and 9th notes in the left hand of most measures, turn them from an eighth note into two sixteenths tied together to show the beat clearly. Same applies to the right hand in m4, m6, m8, and m10-11--turn it from a dotted eighth into a sixteenth tied to an eighth.

Title should be in quotes.

Delete "Dating Fight!" in the top left.

Pretty sure normal pianists can't reach that far in the right hand near the end.

Beginning repeat is unnecessary.

Don't use a repeat sign at the end; use a D.C. instead. You already have repeats earlier on.

I condensed it in hope it doesn't take a second page for one system. But I'll do it proper then. I didn't know for the title quotes. I'll lower the third voice by one octave.

Quote from: Zeila on November 22, 2015, 08:53:56 PMFeedback for 072 - Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans

Solid arrangement! However, some harmonies were missing throughout the whole song. I tried adding them in, but some of them sound a bit iffy so you should double check it. Also, next time you should slur the grace notes

Thanks for that, I missed a lot (if not all) of harmonies. And I totally forget about grace notes. I always forget. >_>
Gonna work it again and post an update later. (I already got an error on measure 3 and 5 where the melody bases on D Major and the first B was in fact a A)
Btw, these additional harmonies makes it even harder to play, lol

Updated links:
027 - Dating Fight!
072 - Song that definitely has a too long name

Enaryok

I arranged 078 - You Idiot.

As for the song that follows it...What. The. F*ck. Is this. And I'm not even thinking of the drums part. In fact, it's a terrible idea to arrange some breakcore when you're tired as f*ck. -__-"

More seriously:
Minor spoilers on the last boss, if you didn't play the game, DO IT! ;P
I'm not used to that much accidental notes, and given that Toby was probably one step apart using quarter-tones for this song, I'm totally lost when looking for the Omega Flowey's theme key signature (just looking for something writable is a torture, just look at the left hand I did for "You Idiot"). I'll need your advice on this one :/
[close]

Bonus: Kudos to anyone who can arrange the laugh effect.

Madmonk12345

Got Heartache done. It's kinda difficult to actually play because I don't want to compromise the grand sound of the song and there are so many layers, but it's possible. Some parts need touching up, and I can't get measure numbers to appear, so I'll need some help with that.

Heartache

Zeila

I managed to finish Last Goodbye
MIDI | PDF | MUS | MUSX

From m55-59, the 2nd layer on the left hand is completely made up. I put it there because it was basically repetitive and I felt the bass part needed a little something extra. If it doesn't fit the standards or not a lot of people like it, I can just take it out. Also, feel free to give any suggestions for the tempo markings

Sebastian

I'm gonna be away from my computer until Saturday starting tomorrow. So I won't get any feedback in until Saturday.
I promise I'll help out a ton when I get back :P

dinos24SP

@Yug_Guy, I made a couple edits to "Run!". Let me know what you think - it's up to you whether or not you want to actually add them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dheo31kyzqf56rw/Undertale%20Run%21.mus?dl=0  :)

ProfCocoa

I'm a noob, but I'll take Thundersnail if nobody else has already 8D I got here just in time when I finished and submitted by Determination sheet to realize that Maelstrom did it before me LOL

Dudeman

*Seeing so many new members who have come to NSM for the sole purpose of arranging the Undertale soundtrack...
*It fills you with determination.

Seriously guys, by the time this arrangement project took off and I took a look to see if there was anything significant left to be claimed, staring me in the face were 7 usernames I'd never seen before -- with good sheets behind them to boot!

Awesome job, everybody. Keep up the good work!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zeila

Feedback for Heartbreak Heartache

In terms of formatting, I added the measure numbers, got rid of the Pno abbreviation, changed the stem direction in some sections, fixed the title, tempo marking (once again I never played the game so it would be best for someone who has to come up with the expression), and copyright (although idk if the copyright is too low or not), wrote the section (and its second instance) from m85-92 an octave lower and placed an 8va, and tried to fit the piece into 5 pages.

You also missed a note in sections like m1-6. Try comparing my edit with the original to see what is different and clarify what you hear. Some of the intervals between notes are pretty big so you could possibly raise the second layer on the 2nd staff up an octave (or two). Whatever works for you

• Why are there some places (such as m47/48) where there is a messo forte followed by a fortissimo? Is that intentional?
  • There are some spots like m54 where the dynamic change starts at the melody. Would you prefer it to be like that, or start at the beginning of the measure instead?
  • In some instances there are eighth notes that aren't beamed together (m100 for example). Was that intentional? Or was it the programs automatic response? Would it be preferred to beam those cases together? If it's preferred, then should the straight eighth notes also be aligned in a way such that it is 3 pairs of 2 instead of 2 pairs of 3?
  • Is it best to leave the rests in places like m1 as a half rest or should it be an eighth rest followed by a dotted quarter rest? Should the rests be hidden altogether?
  • In m68, are those ledger lines legal? Or would be be best to put it in the 1st staff?

Quote from: Dudeman on November 23, 2015, 10:52:59 PMAwesome job, everybody. Keep up the good work!

Quote from: Enaryok on November 23, 2015, 12:25:01 PMBonus: Kudos to anyone who can arrange the laugh effect.
If you think this is satisfactory, you could always try and replicate that yourself by converting the soundtrack into midi format, importing it into finale, and copying the laugh. If not then I suppose you could either try to do it yourself or come up with a replacement

Enaryok

I already tried converting the whole song directly into MIDI. That was mildly fun, but it's not usable. I'll try editing the song to cut only the laugh and try again with, but Finale has difficulty importing this kind of MIDI.

Oh, and I think I found the key signature, thanks to the second Omega part, it may be C# minor or Db minor, I'll make further tests to see what fit best with the accidental and stuff.

EDIT: I gave a second try to the laugh by checking the main frequencies on each syllabe via Audacity, but it's just a mess, I'll make a filler instead.

ThePopStarDude

I think I'm dropping Hopes and Dreams and SAVE the World, they are a bit too hard for a newbie like me. I'd like to take Thundersnail instead.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.