The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

braix

Snowdin Town
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF]

- Do I need to notate the right hand playing the layer 2 part in m.2? If so, how do I do that?
- How do I make it slow down in m.4? I think starts at 103bpm at beat 1 and slows to 71bpm at beat 4, then back to the normal tempo.
- Articulation in the left hand for the plucked strings and stuff?
- Endings or no endings?
- Is there a back repeat at the end of the song?
- L.H playability in m.17, m.22-23, m.26-27
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Enaryok

Progress of 072 - Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans

I'll also claim 053 - Stronger Monsters.

EDIT: The full Menu (093) has been accepted.

mastersuperfan

I'll take Dating Tense! as well. Sounds right out of an Ace Attorney game or Ghost Trick, and it seems relatively easy to arrange.

I've been working on Death by Glamour--I should hopefully get around to Undertale too, but that's not completely certain.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mastersuperfan

Well, I've arranged "Dating Tense!" already, since it's so short.

If Papyrus is hiding spaghetti under his hat, does that make the spaghetti his hair?

I'm sure it could use some polishes, especially since m9 and m10 look a little wonky to me.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeila

I finished arranging Bring It In, Guys! I never actually played the game, so feel free to suggest new/different tempo markings

[MIDI] [PDF] [MUS] [MUSX]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Sorry XD
I've been kinda busy the last few days. I'll bring some feedback today.

Sebastian

Feedback on Yug Guy's Quiet Water:
- Something I noticed in this arrangement that I've noticed in almost all of your arrangements is that of the formatting. You tend to squeeze everything really tight. I recommend using a template for your arrangements. You can use the link I give you below as a template for future sheets.
- Your chords in the left hand are almost correct. The correct for M. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, & 8 is  Bb/C/F. For the other measures, it's Bb/C/Eb.
- This song is actually in F Minor. I almost missed it myself actually since there is no Dbs in the entire piece, but the song's tonic is F.
- I'd say this song is more P than MP according to the original.
- A pedal marking outta do the trick for the legato throughout the piece. The notes are sustained according to the original.

If there is anything you disagree with above or if you have any questions, please tell me!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dpdctbyuic35mj/Undertale%20-%20Quiet%20Water.mus?dl=1
You can also use this as a template for future sheets^

And, for future reference, just put a mus in the OP instead of having all 3 (mus, pdf, and midi). It's much less of a hassle and saves time and work for you and for the Updaters if they decide to look over these when the project is finished.

Enaryok

Ready for review! Download link: 072 - Sans oh my god you're supposed to be lazy and not pick names that long for songs >_>

It's almost finished, except for two main things on which I need some help:

- Measure 1 and 3: I made this pattern left-hand because of the difficulty to spam G staccato at 120 bpm, and I want to know if I should keep it or remove it.
- Right hand measure 9 and 10, then the red layer measure 11 to 13: I simply can't get the notes and get it to sound good (I know these aren't the good notes I put in), but if it isn't there, the music just lacks something, please send help >< I didn't put it in the two last measures to mark the end of the song.

Also, the 8va on measure 11-12 and 15-16 is to reflect the bass that isn't the same between measures with melody and measures without. The red layer should also reflect it with octave doubling at 13-14 and eventually 17-18, but since I can't get it to sound good...

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 16, 2015, 10:49:00 AMFeedback on Yug Guy's Quiet Water:
- Something I noticed in this arrangement that I've noticed in almost all of your arrangements is that of the formatting. You tend to squeeze everything really tight. I recommend using a template for your arrangements. You can use the link I give you below as a template for future sheets.
Yeah, it's probably a combination of Musescore's formatting, my inability to change the formatting, as well as personal preference. I'll keep this in mind next time.
Quote from: mariolegofan on November 16, 2015, 10:49:00 AM- Your chords in the left hand are almost correct. The correct for M. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, & 8 is  Bb/C/F. For the other measures, it's Bb/C/Eb.
- This song is actually in F Minor. I almost missed it myself actually since there is no Dbs in the entire piece, but the song's tonic is F.
- I'd say this song is more P than MP according to the original.
- A pedal marking outta do the trick for the legato throughout the piece. The notes are sustained according to the original.
All of this is fine by me!
Quote from: mariolegofan on November 16, 2015, 10:49:00 AMYou can also use this as a template for future sheets
Well, maybe not this one 'cause it's in 3/4. (Notepad really sucks  :( )
Quote from: mariolegofan on November 16, 2015, 10:49:00 AMAnd, for future reference, just put a mus in the OP instead of having all 3 (mus, pdf, and midi). It's much less of a hassle and saves time and work for you and for the Updaters if they decide to look over these when the project is finished.
I thought it was the other way around. No matter; I'll get them updated as soon as I can.
Quote from: Enaryok on November 16, 2015, 01:01:07 PMDownload link: 072 - Sans oh my god you're supposed to be lazy and not pick names that long for songs >_>
lol. (Sounds good, btw)

Yellow

Does somebody want to arrange Gaster's theme? It's not on the official soundtrack so it wouldn't be on the list of songs to claim.
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Are you sure it's not on the soundtrack under a different name? I wouldn't know since I've never played the game.

Nebbles

They're correct, Gaster's theme isn't found on the OST, it's found from some data mining and messing around in the game files.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel