News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Undertale

Started by Nebbles, October 06, 2015, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 26, 2015, 11:08:23 PMWhoa there! Don't jump the gun!! You have not even completed the game yet! You can't just say something like that without giving the game a chance... Even Nocturne saw the game all the way through... and then decided his opinion on it.... You haven't even beaten the Neutral play-through yet! At least see it through till the end.
Edit: If you don't want to play it... you should at least look up a youtube play-through of it.

"Without giving the game a chance?" Are to fucking kidding me? Didn't I just say I spent the last three and a half hours on a single boss? (And it was the final form of mettaton, btw) I gave this game much more than a "chance," but for the legitimate reasons listed above I will play it no more. Even if for some reason the story were to save the entire game at the end, I wouldn't care.  I will find better tales elsewhere that aren't shrouded in poorly designed gameplay.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Hey, you gave it a fair chance. Sorry it wasn't for you.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Well, at this point maybe you'll want to go for genocide, since iirc Noc said he found it infinitely more enjoyable than his first playthrough. Or not. Up to you.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

You should still see the end of the pacifist and neutral endings. You don't have to watch it tonight, but trust me, it's worth it
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 26, 2015, 11:40:46 PMYou should still see the end of the pacifist and neutral endings. You don't have to watch it tonight, but trust me, it's worth it
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

No, thanks.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Yellow

...if it took him that long to beat mettaton, there's /no way/ he could do genocide.
pacifist route is generally easier than Touhou, anyway. Thanks for giving the game a chance, I guess?
Spoiler
jfc, y'all should have recommended him some Temmie armor. oh, you did
The price goes down when you die, and use dog residue infinitely and sell it at Tem shop for the gold.
[close]
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

Yellow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 26, 2015, 11:13:50 PMDidn't I just say I spent the last three and a half hours on a single boss? (And it was the final form of mettaton, btw)
j  f  c
Spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 26, 2015, 10:42:52 PMSo rather than continuing to waste my time memorizing yet another boss fight and trying to be perfect at it, I think I'll retire my last three and a half hours to the notion that this game isn't worth my further investment (If you are on skype, you probably will recognize some of this). The gameplay belongs on the ColecoVision: Its simplistic in design, but there's no way to know what you're supposed to do until you tough it out and die several times trying, which can be frustrating. It's nonsensical and requires a great deal of trial and error. It's stupid. It's not like the game is challenging because it poses a legitimate challenge, it's like "how many random minigames can you do perfectly?" or "how good can you be about predicting the future?" It's all about memorizing useless shit, since the battle mechanics are not related to the rest of the game. If I wanted to play a game about random minigames, I'd stick with any WarioWare game and even get a better story out of it. And about that: The story starts off strong but deteriorates as time goes on. The characters become less memorable and likable, leaving no one of interest after you meet the skeleton duo. I feel this game's story set up to be charming, like cave story, but it has failed in that regard as well. It just makes me want to go play that-a game where the challenge lies in how well I can preform certain tasks of progressive difficulty and coherently (even hell wasn't that bad once you got the hang of how things worked). So in conclusion, the game (thus far) isn't living up to the hype it was inflated with, and it doesn't appear as if it will. Nocturne, you were right. Fuck Underfail.

Everyone that dislikes this game seems to struggle with bullet hells. Do you think touhou is a shitty game as well, because it has a lot more of that "memorizing useless shit."

Remember why it's considered such a great game,
-Decent Plot
-Charming Characters
-It does things no other games have done before (you haven't played it enough to understand this one.)
-Its innovative "spare" vs. "kill" combined with a bullet hell
-The game reacts to you and feels fricken alive
-It takes rpg tropes and shits them back into your face

and why it's overrated...
-Lot's of pop culture references and tumblr/homestuck memes
-Ok the music is good but it's nothing special imo >_>

If the characters don't click with you, you dislike bullet hells, and find the humor is unappealing all to the point where you can't bear through enough of it to even get one ending, then yeah, the game isn't for you. But all of the above are opinions, unpopular ones at that, and are no reason to call it overhyped "Underfail." Just say you don't like it instead of insulting everyone who legitimately does (as in, you can still insult tumblr sheep because fuck them.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

Quote from: Yellow on December 27, 2015, 01:21:39 AM...if it took him that long to beat mettaton, there's /no way/ he could do genocide.

this is perfect

Yellow

also you guys should consider that it's really easy to be harsh to people who disagree with our opinions...
i think everyone deserves a little MERCY every now and then...

also, genocide is really only for people who are already enjoying the game and want to see more of it. I get the feeling he won't really get too much entertainment out of it because all except 2 battles in genocide route aren't a challenge, leaving something to be desired, while those two are especially challenging and probably not something Olimar would enjoy.
(It's not that he wouldn't enjoy it because it's challenging, but the type of challenge the bullet hell presents to him just isn't entertaining for him. There's nothing wrong with that.)
Spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

I believe in harassing people of different opinions in a slightly PC sanctimonious way so that I can plead innocent and point fingers when the flame war comes.
and i can't tell if your signature is a reference to me or not

Nebbles

Well, let's try to avoid a flame war, okay?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

respect for Olimar for telling straight up his opinion of the game, even with the passionate and sometimes annoyingly biased fanbase of undertale.

the bullethell aspect personally didn't really cause me trouble when playing the game at any point, but the bs moments like figuring out how to spare undyne are what gave me a disease. but one can argue that the bullet hell and original but maybe-too-out-of-the-box ideas also charming, since undertale keeps the theme "are you determined enough to beat the game" up throughout the game. the feeling of beating the obstacles the game throws at you was personally rly satisfying to me, so I was able to overlook the any flaws like "who could possibly figure this out without dying". i also feel like that satisfaction is also what blinds the vast majority of the fanbase of the possible flaws of the game.