News:

Main Menu

Undertale

Started by Nebbles, October 06, 2015, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on December 27, 2015, 01:43:20 AMWell, let's try to avoid a flame war, okay?
Sounds like a good plan.

So, which should I do first? Pacifist, Genocide, etc.
Alas, I won't be able to start until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm gonna get ahead start on it.

Waddle Bro

Do what you want instead of ask anyone what you should do, the adventure feels more personal that way

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 27, 2015, 06:29:38 AMSounds like a good plan.

Alas, I won't be able to start until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm gonna get ahead start on it.
so far I found genocide the easiest because you can grind
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yellow

Hey, I was being patronizing / disrespectful to Olimar when I have no idea how long it took me to beat Mettaton on my first try. I've replayed it enough that I forget the challenge that it poses to new players. I'm sorry for being rude.
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

Yellow

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 27, 2015, 06:29:38 AMSounds like a good plan.

Pacifist should come first, if you do the kill all run first you can easily miss out on a lot in the game.
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Ah, thanks Yellow. I was thinking of saving Genocide for last.

Nebbles

Yeah, genocide last is what most people do.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FireArrow

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 27, 2015, 06:27:35 AMthe bullethell aspect personally didn't really cause me trouble when playing the game at any point, but the bs moments like figuring out how to spare undyne are what gave me a disease. but one can argue that the bullet hell and original but maybe-too-out-of-the-box ideas also charming, since undertale keeps the theme "are you determined enough to beat the game" up throughout the game. the feeling of beating the obstacles the game throws at you was personally rly satisfying to me, so I was able to overlook the any flaws like "who could possibly figure this out without dying". i also feel like that satisfaction is also what blinds the vast majority of the fanbase of the possible flaws of the game.

Spoiler
Honestly, with Undyne's entire premise being "No more running, let's fight!" I thought her whole gig was rather ingenious. I'll admit I didn't catch on and may or may not of googled how to spare her though...
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

legit game spoilers I guess
Okay, so as a couple of you already know, I wasn't fighting Mettaton EX correctly. I was paying no attention to the ratings meter, and just blindly doing minigame after minigame, and getting nowhere. After being informed that this was not the correct way to do things, I was literally able to beat it the very next time I tried. (gotta love an inconsistent game, where all of the background stuff has meant nothing until THIS battle...) Anyway, I finished up the game and it was still pretty meh-to-okay. I still stand behind my text wall I made before, but now that I have completed the game my opinion has validity.

And to prove I did this, here are some screenshots:

pics

[close]
[close]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Nice! If it were me... i  would try for the pacifist ending next......but given the fact that you had a lot of complaints about the last play through... You probably will not...
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

FireArrow

I personally thought the neutral ending was better than the pacifist ending. If anything is over hyped, it's the mega feels of the pacifist ending - I found it less emotional than Mystery Dungeon games and 999 for reference.

Nebbles

The pacifist ending is very sweet and rewarding, but I didn't cry. And I'm a big emotional weenie. It's still a great ending, though.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FireArrow

^I think that sums it up pretty well. The pacifist ending isn't gonna offer you anything that other games can't but it'll feel really nice if you enjoy undertale... which olimar doesn't so yeh.

Dudeman

obligatory Undertale kazoo cover post
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book