News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Unused Tracks and Alternate Tracks

Started by Altissimo, October 21, 2015, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

So as we ALL know I've been putting together my Hamtaro soundtracks from the youtube playlists I myself created, which were in turn recorded from the emulator. Well I just ran across rips of the soundtracks I uploaded and they include some interesting stuff - namely, unused music. What's NSM's policy on posting unused music? I know y'all do beta music and the like, are you willing to put up unused tracks as well?

(I ask because, in the Ham-Hams Unite OST - the entirety of which I've already arranged, except for a whopping SIX tracks that I only just found in the rip that aren't in the game - there's three really interesting tracks I'd like to arrange: 8-bit excerpts from Dvorak's New World Symphony!!!)

Speaking of NSM policies, here's another question: Three of the four Hamtaro games use the Hamtaro TV show's opening theme for their intro/title screen. However, the show's opening theme is different in the Japanese and English(/European language) versions of the show, and therefore, the title track in these 3 games is different. Would publishing both on NSM be possible, or would you prefer just one language-version?
This also affects another track. In the Japanese version of one of the games, the Menu screen's music is the bass + percussion tracks of the title theme, but in the American/European version, it's replaced with the bass + percussion tracks of the credits sequence (which is the same between the games). Can I upload both of those, as well?

Tobbeh99

I guess you could submit unused songs. I got the unused track from Pokémon Yellow up as you can see.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Unused tracks are to be submitted like regular sheets as long as either they appear in the game's code, or in the soundtrack. I do know of some that only appear in the soundtrack because they were scrapped or pushed aside before the actual programming process and those are definitely arrange-submittable.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Altissimo

In this case, they only show up in direct rips of the game (because there are no official soundtracks for the games). The games are so poorly-documented that the rips aren't even on Youtube and it took me a fuckton of digging to find the rips... I'mma be putting the full rips on Youtube though so they'll be there.

JDMEK5

If they came off the game (as rips) then they're totally legit. Only case in which they would be is if they were deliberately put in the ROM by some outside source (very, very unlikely).
So I say go for it!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Hmm. How about this? (I totally forgot to bring this up when we were doing the R/B/Y project whoops.)

Original sounds like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Someone restored it which sounds like this:
Spoiler
[close]

And my sheet: [MUS]

So it's not exactly from the game per se...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

The songs I'd be arranging wouldn't need to be restored since they're complete, I was just wondering if there was a policy on unused music. But if songs that are even less like original tracks are on the site, I suppose I'd be good to go with the unused ones. :D